A little bit of blues

tovo

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:48 pm

I haven't posted a video for a really long time. I've been working on making my dream of being a blues guitarist a little closer to reality. I've also been keen to share what I have been working on with you all.

This is a clip from my practice this morning. In my dressing gown, using only my webcam, coffee machine going off in the background, warts and all. I just want to share what I am doing. I know it's far from a polished video or performance. That's cool.

I hope it resembles that style called blues. A long way to go, but at least I've taken a step.

Oh and you will see I've switched to left-handed playing. Pretty slick eh!

jayswett

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:26 pm

If you are switching to electric, I'd be happy to take your acoustics off your hands. I'd even pay for the postage.

tovo

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:29 pm

jayswett wrote:
If you are switching to electric, I'd be happy to take your acoustics off your hands. I'd even pay for the postage.
You're a hell of a generous guy Jay. I've always said that about you.

It's a deal. Postage is $5,000USD

Lavallee

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:04 pm

That is pretty cool Tony, that lead is coming out nicely with a good blues feel. Interesting that you have change playing side but also your poster last word says "cisum" : local slang? :laugh:

Marc

tovo

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Ah yes Marc we are full of slang down here!

Here is part of the progression over a backing track. Shows how much I need to work on timing but it's a start at least.

BobR

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Tony,

Nice to see you again and your blues seems to be coming along fine.

Keep at it

Bob

Lavallee

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:29 pm

tovo wrote:
Ah yes Marc we are full of slang down here!

Here is part of the progression over a backing track. Shows how much I need to work on timing but it's a start at least.

Tony, I think you are doing pretty well with the backtrack. It is a very useful guideline. If you slow down or go to fast, the next measure brings you back. The more you do it the better the feeling for the rhythm. I am working on some lead as well and after a while when it is easier with the fingers and you do not need to think, the soul kicks in. Is this a solo you learn from someone (sorry if do not know it) or is your creation? There are so many licks to learn. There were some good move in there, the triple slide, the long run down and the finish were noticeably interesting.

Keep up the good work, your dream is at your fingertips

Marc

tovo

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks Bob, nice of you to comment.

Marc I took the progression from a teacher. There are initially 24 licks to learn (not all shown in my video). It's against TG rules to link a different site and I understand that, so if you want any info PM me.

Thanks for your encouragement mate. I feel like I've started guitar all over again, but the only way to get where you want to be is to start by walking.

buddy

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Dude, left handed playing and all the words in your house are backwards as well, now is some talent.LOL. Ok now to be serious I really like what you are doing here with that way cool guitar my friend. I would love to see more posts from you but I also understand how busy life can be. Nice to see your face back on the board Tony !

Bud

tovo

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks Bud. Appreciate it. Everything in Adelaide is backward, words included!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic