Having some challenges getting lyrics to line up how I wish in GP6

spinland

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:04 am

I've submitted a support ticket to the GP folks but since it's the weekend I thought I'd ask here as well.

I understand how the phrasing works in order to get syllables to line up with notes on the vocals tracks, except: how to get a syllable to line up with a rest beat.

See, I'm arranging a guitar track, and I want the lyrics to show up there, not on a vocals track. Problem is there are rest beats for the guitar where there are singing beats, and the lyric syllables jump right past the guitar rests to the next played note.

If I add a vocals track the lyrics show there perfectly but that's not where I want them displayed.

Is there a way to get syllables to honor rest beats, or to get the lyrics from one track to show on the display of another track? I've searched the interwebz for help and tried several tricks (adding a second voice to the guitar track with fake played beats didn't help) and thus far I'm stumped. :S

Many thanks in advance!

spinland

Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Okay, I think I have a plan. Instead of rest beats for the guitar track I can just bridge extra beats from the last-played note. They won't generate any extra playing beats in GP6 when I do test listens but would provide notes the lyrics should be able to attach to. Haven't tried it yet but that should work.

TGNesh

Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:29 am

I wish I could give you some answers Mark, but I wouldn't have a clue. I do use GP all the time, but i keep it very simple! :S :laugh:

I hope you've found a way after all.

Ness

sbutler

Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:51 pm

So Vanessa, is there a way to create a little time delay at the start of any GP file? They start the instant I hit the arrow, and by the time I get wrapped around my guitar, the song is into the 2nd measure.
Scott

spinland

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:24 pm

My idea worked fine, but as it turns out I was missing the proverbial boat. You can set up the page to show multitrack. That means I can show the melody and tab for the guitar, and the melody for the vocals all nicely lined up on the same page, and so there should go the lyrics.

I'm climbing the GP learning curve and enjoying it. It's not getting my fingertips toughened up but my brain cells are pumping serious iron! :silly:

spinland

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:29 pm

sbutler wrote:
So Vanessa, is there a way to create a little time delay at the start of any GP file? They start the instant I hit the arrow, and by the time I get wrapped around my guitar, the song is into the 2nd measure.
Scott
Hi, Scott!

I turned up this nugget in the user manual, page 40:
Metronome and countdown

The Sound > Metronome enables the metronome during playback. In Guitar Pro > Preferences you can
adjust the metronome. It can also be used on its own.

The Sound > Countdown menu will have Guitar Pro play an empty bar before starting the score. That way you can get set to play by hearing the tempo first. If you wish to have the countdown repeated before every new loop (if the loop option is enabled), simply check the Repeat the countdown option.
Hope that helps!
Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic