Guitar contest entry from member waxies 3/10/10

Lavallee

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Great post Waxies, warm voice for this song and nice playing.

Great first post. Welcome to TG

Marc

waxies

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi guys thanks for all the encouraging comments. The video was originally 3.6 gb so had to convert and compress and the mic is standard built in on laptop. Yeah its an ovation balladeer from late 70's I had the action lowered many years ago lost a bit of volume but tone is excellent. Also yes its my first posting, joined about 10 mins before i posted. NOTE my problems were all resolved by lunch time today (my time) so thanks to Neil and others. Great idea the competition good luck to all and again my thanks for all your comments..
Waxies :)

MarkM

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Waxies,

Welcome aboard. That was a great job!! Really enjoyed your playing. You've got that song pretty much down. Your voice matches that song perfectly. Well done and thanks for sharing. Good luck.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Waxies,

That was stellar! Your voice totally reminds me of Jim C. And your playing was great too.

Well done. You gotta join Target even if you don't win. You'd love it!

AcousticAl

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 pm

waxies wrote:
Hi guys thanks for all the encouraging comments. The video was originally 3.6 gb so had to convert and compress and the mic is standard built in on laptop. Yeah its an ovation balladeer from late 70's I had the action lowered many years ago lost a bit of volume but tone is excellent. Also yes its my first posting, joined about 10 mins before i posted. NOTE my problems were all resolved by lunch time today (my time) so thanks to Neil and others. Great idea the competition good luck to all and again my thanks for all your comments..

Sorry-- the techie in me is curious..
3.6 gig for a webcam vid is HUGE and unmanageable. Are you recording in .avi format? Try not to if possible. Do you have any video setting options that you can change? Screen resolution? Formats? .wmv files are smaller and still gives good quality. .mpeg's and .mov's are good as well.

d_dog

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Really Really great waxies. Loved the lyrics, very clever. Great playing, you have certainly inspired me to work harder on this one. Looking forward to seeing more from you. You should introduce yourself in the appropriately named "Please Introduce Yourself" forum thread.

willem

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:17 am

Wax,, i loved it,,hope to hear more of you,,

Music Junkie

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 am

AcousticAl wrote:
waxies wrote:

Sorry-- the techie in me is curious..
3.6 gig for a webcam vid is HUGE and unmanageable. Are you recording in .avi format? Try not to if possible. Do you have any video setting options that you can change? Screen resolution? Formats? .wmv files are smaller and still gives good quality. .mpeg's and .mov's are good as well.
Al:

My camcorder records into a file type of .MOD and the files are huge! I had to import into AVS Video Converter and then change it to .avi with a lower frame rate and lower audio compression (about 128kbs) to get a file size of +/- 60MB or so. From there it was very manageable. Waxies might have to do the same......

BTW Waxies: Great fingerpicking and singing. I loved it!

MJ

dekotaj

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:14 am

Waxies,

Like everyone else thought it was great.Really enjoyed the playing and the singing.Good luck with your song.

Kevin

waxies

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:08 am

Thanks to the other guys for their kind comments.
Now this video, Yeah recorded in .avi, take the point regarding file size to big, i was using software bundled with the laptop (tosh) pretty good stuff but obviously dosn't take kindly to being reduced ! have to look at alternative for any future stuff.

MJ "I've got a name", nice song you a croche fan ?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic