Collaboration: Postcards of Scarborough - Michael Chapman - cover by the Time Zone Zombies

michelew

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi everyone,

Well as promised we're back with another song a little more quickly than the last one, a cover this time inspired by a discussion on the forum about Michael Chapman; Postcards of Scarborough

We hope you enjoy it.

TZZ :) B)

TGNesh

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:30 am

Hey TimeZoneZombies!

That was a lovely cover! I wouldn't know the song, but for whatever reason, it fits the autumn/winter-feel which we have here in the Netherlands. I actually wouldn't know how to describe it. Laid back, never rushed, a bit sombre or something. :dry:

In any way, you did another very good job collaborating again. You guys just keep being inspired, which is really awesome!

Thank you very much for sharing another collab with us! :cheer:

Ness

crieniecat

Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Well Hi there TZZ!!

Another great tune, collab, cover, artistic outburst :woohoo: :P I Love It :P
It is always a pleasure seeing and hearing your posts. They seem to become more slick with each new one.
Really a very good job.

Just one question;
Am I correct... Instead of asking Bill and I, for the harmonies or backing vocals... you asked these snobby, watery eyed, squeeking seagulls to fill in the blanks :blink: :S
I hope they didn't eat all the red M&M's I left in the dressing room or drank Bill's expensive cognac! Aaaargh! :angry: :(

Serious now, another great project TZZ, what's next?! :woohoo:

Corina :kiss:

michelew

Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Hey sweet dutchies! I always LOVE reading both of your comments. You've made my morning.

Nessa - I didn't know this song before David introduced me to it either. But of course I've had an earworm of it running on repeat in my head for a couple of weeks now. It is a more somber one. But we've had fun too as we always do. For example, I experimented with using the whammy bar on my electric which was fun. And just listening to other versions and working out a good instrumentation that matches our "TZZ-sound" is fun too. I'm told by a music guru that we have one you know. :kiss: - I wonder if it's still audible here. :)

Corina - you've cracked me up completely. Hilarious. :woohoo: :laugh: :silly: they didn't like the blue M&Ms they're all yours (I think there may be a few red ones left) and kept screeching for more chips! and stinky. Yep! And NOISY! Thanks sweetie. Still giggling here. :kiss:

Thanks for tuning in. It's always fun to share our projects with both of you.

:kiss: :kiss:

Shel

wrsomers

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:30 am

Great cover TZZ. The arrangement and backing was top notch. Good job with the vocals, I could hear Michael Chapman in your rendition.

crieniecat wrote:
I hope they didn't eat all the red M&M's I left in the dressing room or drank Bill's expensive cognac! Aaaargh! :angry: :(

Corina :kiss:
Corina,
I can safely say there won't be any "expensive cognac" or any new guitars for me in the near future.
Pray for world peace and harmony (both musical and otherwise). "If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair" I'm going back to the 60's - 70's

Peace,
Bill

davidrfinn99165

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:20 am

Thx Bill... i first heard this song on a Harvest label double album sampler back in the early to mid 70s....it has been one of those regular 'play-it-on-the-sofa' type things for me ever since, but i only had the idea to try and record it after the michael chapman thread here a few weeks ago, and it was also triggerd by one of Ness's recent lessons on string-dampening with the right hand.

Thx to shel as always for putting together the arrangement and the video..and for her great guitar work - i'm not sure i gave her very much to work with this time haha !

nb bill - nice photo !!!

/ david

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:31 pm

Wait a mo, gotta get my TZZ T-Shirt on to listen..... ah, that's better. Nice one guys, a cover this time. Missed the whole discussion, must have been during my ouzo sabbatical :-) Nice work all round. Shel plugged in? Cool, thought it was David! Sorry!! Did not know this song before so thanks for doing cover. Not that you are drying up, right? :side: :blush: :dry: Not likely eh?

michelew

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Bill and Chris,

Thanks for tuning in guys and your nice comments.

Bill - World peace indeed. I love your 70s photo. It reminds me of one of my uncles at the time. Yeh I love David's vocals on this. I had the pleasure of listening to the first version which was even grittier and gutsier.

Chris - Thanks! I guess that's the down-side of not posting videos of ourselves playing, you don't know who's playing what until the credits - and then only if you stick around that long; right?! :P Surprise! Yeh that's me on all of the electric guitar bits. It was fun working out the various sections, getting moody and a little dissonant and messing with different effects. I can't let David have all of the guitar playing fun right?!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic