>> Congratulations to the following folk for winning the bidding in support of MattB

TGNeil

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:15 am

jayswett wrote:
Rats. I thought I had the highest bid on the customized lesson. I have some work to do as far as learning how that ebay thing works. Congrats to all the highest bidders. I'm dying to learn what Bill's requested song will be. For some reason, I'm guessing we are going to have to wait.
Jay,

Just as a sideline, what would you have picked? I have seen the options from Bill and am considering a few things...

Neil

sbutler

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:38 am

Neil,

I think I heard him say something about Queens Bohemian Rapsidy. ;-)

Then again maybe not.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:11 am

If I wore a hat (never have) it would be off the everyone one here who has been involved with the auction, donating organising bidding. Way to go y'all, if a man's in trouble, you're the kind of friends you need to have around. MattW and Damian, you guys seriously rock! Bill you're star! Heart warming stuff.

MattB, hang in there and get well real soon buddy.

Chris

Catman

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:33 am

Congratulations from me too!

Unfortunately, I couldn't participate in the auction since I don't live in the US, otherwise Jim's 12-stringer would be mine today! Damian tried to help out on the non-US shipping issue but it didn't work out, so I satisfied myself with a Brittney Spears rendition instead. Almost as good...

-David

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:02 pm

TGNeil wrote:
jayswett wrote:
Rats. I thought I had the highest bid on the customized lesson. I have some work to do as far as learning how that ebay thing works. Congrats to all the highest bidders. I'm dying to learn what Bill's requested song will be. For some reason, I'm guessing we are going to have to wait.
Jay,

Just as a sideline, what would you have picked? I have seen the options from Bill and am considering a few things...

Neil
I'm certain I heard it was the full score to Tubular Bells, converting all the instruments to guitar even the Bells lol!

Anyway congrats to all concerned with these auctions, props to Damian for a wonderful job and huge undertaking. I think he needs a lesson dedicated just for him for all his hardwork

haoli25

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Catman wrote:
Congratulations from me too!

Unfortunately, I couldn't participate in the auction since I don't live in the US, otherwise Jim's 12-stringer would be mine today! Damian tried to help out on the non-US shipping issue but it didn't work out, so I satisfied myself with a Brittney Spears rendition instead. Almost as good...

-David

David, I did not realize until now that the auction was not open to non-US residents. I'm sure that Matt and Damian did all they could in that area, but I guess eBay has their own rules. As for the 12-string, when I first listed it, I promised to ship it anywhere in the world to the successful bidder. I would have done that too. I am sorry it didn't work out for you.

Bill

jayswett

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 pm

TGNeil wrote:
jayswett wrote:
Jay,

Neil
Treetop Flyer. I don't suppose you'd accept the two highest bids for that particular reward, rather than just the top,for the beneift of the MattB fund? I realize that my be wishful thinking.
Jay

TGMatt

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:38 am

sbutler wrote:
Matt,

Tomorrow when you see MattB, tell him when he gets to feeling better, I want a lesson from him on my new Taylor guitar.

Sorry I beat you out mate, but after all, you got the Country Gentleman.

Scott
Scott congrats mate....I got in touch with Neil today and discussed him contacting you...

The Guitar is back in San Jose, and I am down in LA, so I am sure something can be arranged mate..

I passed along your winning bid to Matt, he was very excited for you mate..and Im sure he will be on here soon

Cheers

Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic