Beginners Blueprint.

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
evelynfourie10016

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi. Don't know if I am doing this right. Not used to these forums.

I do not see a link for the tabs relevant to the lessons. Neil says the link should be below the video but I cannot see anything.
Also, my third finger, left hand, is very very weak. Are there any exercises to strengthen this finger as currently I play G chord with my 123 fingers instead of 234 as Neil has indicated.

TGNesh

Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:43 am

Hi Evelyn and welcome to TG!

Try this link:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/free-guit ... ee-lessons

I can see why you couldn't find it....however, this should do it! :)

Cheers,

Vanessa

Edit: I had to look up how I found it in the first place (otherwise you won't find it again). When you go to the Beginners Blue-print-Start-page, click on 'Target Program' at the top of the page. Then click on 'Guitarlessons' (also at the top of the page, to the left), a menu drops and then of course 'Free beginners course', thére I found it. Yes, a bit confusing.

evelynfourie10016

Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks very much for that. I would never have looked in Target as I am not a paying customer. Will see if I can find it.
Regards :)

sbutler

Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Evelyn. Good to see you getting a start here. Not to sound like a wise guy, but the very best exercise to strengthen your fingers to play a G like Neil does is, PLAY a G LIKE Neil does. :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, but I think its the truth. I remember learning the basic chord shapes when I was 13. (i'm 56 now). And I learned to play the G just like you. But somewhere along the way, I changed. I started playing it without my index finger, and it wasn't so bad.

Its really good to be able to use any fingering you want. You never know when you may need that index finger for something else, Like a G7.

Keep working, you'll get it.

Scott

michelew

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi Evelyn from sunny Sydney.

Good luck with the blueprint. Neil sure packed a lot of info in there. Drop in and let us know how your learnn journey is going.

Scott is absolutely right about the G chord thing. As you go you'll learn a heap of ways to play a G and when each one works better. Learning Neil's G not only gives you another option, it also gets your third and fourth fingers moving better and with more independence. That will help you enormously.

I imagine everything is tricky now. Just take it a little bit at a time and celebrate all the little wins, the things that are a little easier this week than they were last week. Small steps Elle. :)

There's lots of experienced people on the forum (including Vanessa and Neil of course) who can help you when you need advice. You just need to ask.

See you around hopefully.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic