Walk Don't Run by Craig

TGNeil

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:45 pm

I love finger picking style of playing, that is what draws me to acoustic guitar. However, in an effort to improve my overall skill set, I started working on playing with a pick in general and picking out melody lines/licks/easy leads etc. That is what led me to post Eric Claptons' Wonderful Tonight a few months ago and today's Walk Don't Run. It's a little slow because I was really trying to keep the lead part in time which is always a challenge for me.

The picture-in-picture was done by my Friend and mentor, Vanessa. So, as always a huge thank you to her for always being there for me with instruction, advice, and technical help.

Craig

TGNeil

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:53 pm

Hey Craig,

I hijacked your video and testes the TG Busking Uploader with it and, lo and behold, it worked!

Neil

I will have a few comments in a bit, as if it were a Student Review.

daryl

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:06 pm

Craig that was really good. I played the video at 1.25 speed and it was just like the record!! Well done. I'm sure Neil will have some pointers for you but I thought your playing was great.

Craig

Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Thanks Daryl. Your support and encouragement over the years has really helped me gain confidence.

Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.

Craig

TGNesh

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:26 am

Awesome job my friend! :cheer:

I thought the accompaniment was very steady throughout and it gave you a good foundation to lay the melody on top of it. I would probably have one suggestion for the right hand, but lets see what Neil says first.

As for playing with a pick, i think you're very well on your way with it. Just keep at it (with probably a few pointers from Neil and/or me) until you're really comfortable using it, and withóut looking at your hand. ;)

Thumbs up!

Ness

PS. Many thanks for your kind credits, and you're very welcome! :kiss:

Craig

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Thank you Vanessa! I know I stare at my right hand too much on the picking part. I don’t have to as much as I was. I think once the camera goes on I get nervous to hit a bad note.

Thanks again for everything!

P.S. I think my list was too long!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Craig

tgjameela

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

Neil's feedback for this Busking/Student Review video has just been added to the TARGET Student Review page.

Remember you'll need to have an active TARGET subscription to view the contents, just one of the many perks of subscribing the TARGET Program :)

Hope you enjoy and keep the Student Reviews coming!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/guitar-student-reviews

TGNesh

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 am

So....i just watched Neil's review, and well....as much as I would've loved to take the time and shoot a little review myself, he has it fully covered already. Exactly what i wanted to point out and suggest. I guess he and I are teaching wise still on the same page. ;)

P.S. Mine too, give it another week! :laugh: :laugh: :P

Craig wrote:
Thank you Vanessa! I know I stare at my right hand too much on the picking part. I don’t have to as much as I was. I think once the camera goes on I get nervous to hit a bad note.

Thanks again for everything!

P.S. I think my list was too long!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Craig

sandysue

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:04 am

Hi Craig
For As much as it’s invaluable to get the expert opinions and guidance from both Neil and Ness on how you might improve your skill level, from a fellow students point of view you appear to be a very accomplished guitarist. I was really impressed. Keep up the good work and keep posting your songs for us. :) :)

Sandy

Craig

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks Sandy! I appreciate your kind words and taking the time to watch. I’m looking forward to your next video!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic