>>Acoustic Snapshots Episode 174 - Muriel Anderson at TG Central with Neil 2018 - Part 1

TGKatherine

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:31 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... 18-part-1/

Acoustic Snapshot – Muriel Anderson at TG Central (in 3 Parts): At the start of 2018 Muriel Anderson was on her annual California and West Coast tour and spent a couple days with us in Los Gatos. Before she left on Saturday the 13th, we sat down in the studio to chat and jam a bit.

In Part 1 we talk about her latest project, Eclipse. She tells the story of flying back home to Nashville to catch the rare event, where she enjoyed it with a big group on the lawn of the Capitol Building. Requests came in for celestial inspired songs while Bryan Allen shot some photographs.

Afterwards they decided to turn it into a full CD of solos (mostly) played on her 20-string harp guitar, basically a short scale classical guitar tuned a whole step high with 7 sub-bass and 7 super-treble strings.

Amidst the chatter we play a couple songs, Van Morrison’s Moondance and Muriel’s original Night Lights.

thereshopeyet

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Neil

Great FOTW with Muriel Anderson.
Nice album cover of the eclipse.
Yes, on the other album, the flashing stars were visible when the moon was pressed !

What a fantastic sound you both create.

Looking forward to Part 2

Dermot

sbutler

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:16 pm

That was a lot of fun to watch. What a wonderful lady, and some pretty good playing there Neil.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:18 pm

You guys sound wonderful together! Fabulous photos and album cover.

crieniecat

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Wow that was mesmerizing! Especially that second song Nightlights? I'll listen to it again after i'm done writing... it made me dream away, or better said float off into a moonlit sky... you two compliment each other very well during that play.

I really liked that CD with the shooting star, when i received it at home it was a blast to see such artwork.

This FOTW is wonderful and special too. Thank you both for sharing this lovely moment with all of us.

Corina :kiss:

tombo1230

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Beautiful playing indeed. Really enjoyed listening. :)

Tom N.

michelew

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm

I was swept away by your playing. I especially enjoyed Nigh lights.

Serious question Neil, have you ever thought about releasing an album together? I can only imagine it would be as magical as these performances were. (Typos and gobbledygook corrected)

L

M

TGNeil

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 pm

michelew wrote:
I was swept away by your playing. I especially enjoyed Nigh lights.

Serious question Neil, have you ever thought about releasing an album together? I can only i songs it was be magical as these performances were.

L

M
Hey there,

Thanks for the question but the answer is not even close. This was the first time we really tried anything together (other than a quick stab at Windy And Warm in 2010, according to videos in the archives) and like I said in the intro, there was no plan or rehearsal. We did talk about a joint concert if or when it could materialize but an album is a much bigger production, of course.
I would love to get Muriel more involved in our world, and vice versa, and that is definitely a possibility in the near future. I will keep everybody at TG posted, as usual.

All the best to our friends down under and maybe a trip to Amsterdam could be in your cards in July???

Neil

michelew

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Hey Neil,

Sorry for the gobbledygook in my previous response, now corrected; it seems you got the gist of my question regardless. With the talents and creativity that you and Muriel possess, any collaboration is bound to have amazing results.

Re EuroIGC: yeh I’d love to catch up with you, Vanessa and my European friends for a few days of music and laughs. But, it won’t be 2018. I have some big expenses this year so a trip is out of the question. In truth I’ve also been playing very little and I have a lot of work to do to even get back to where I was in 2016... but I’ll be looking out for reports and I hope it’s a big success.

Thanks for thinking of me. I hope you have a blast in Amsterdam. I’d love to join you one year.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic