On The Beat - Episode 499- Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 8th, 2020

tgjameela

Fri May 08, 2020 10:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up has been released.

Hope you enjoy!

Welcome to the next generation of TG, where we have rolled out the new site and expect that everybody’s experience will be astronomically elevated. I am thrilled that we have restarted releasing new lessons, starting with The Beatles All You Need Is Love and my solo arrangement of Danny Boy. Next week’s releases are mentioned in today’s video, with some random attempts at playing them.

We are also about to resurrect the Student Reviews so I hope everybody is polishing up some old tunes. The blogs have also been consolidated into our ‘On The Beat’ section and everything is a bit easier to find now, at least the ‘Acoustic Snapshots’ I looked at the other day (as I needed to see what I had done with Danny Boy).

There were a bunch of tangential wanderings as well, just like the old days - Simon & Garfunkel, Gordon Lightfoot, Jorma Kaukonen et al.

Stay tuned to the Forum as well as that is where I plan to be answering questions and requested lessons…

unclewalt

Sat May 09, 2020 10:32 am

I'm a fairly old timer and I don't remember Agent Cooper at all. But I love how this happened.

And at this moment, I'm enjoying a damn fine cup of coffee, wondering what the big deal is about thirds. I'll get to the bottom of this mystery.

jayswett

Sat May 09, 2020 3:06 pm

I have sent a number of messages to the TG help people regarding videos that don't line up with the descriptions, a situation that is to be expected, I would imagine, with an overhaul of a website with a huge video library. I'm sure all of that will settle out over time. I do have a question, though, that others might have as well, so will post it here. Is there a search function of some kind, if I wanted to search for a certain song, or lesson topic? Under the "Lessons" tab, I see the filter and the quick filters, but I don't see a search box/function. I suspect it's present somewhere, but I'm just not seeing it.
Jay

tgjameela

Fri May 15, 2020 8:24 pm

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your comment and we appreciate you letting us know about the lesson errors. I'm fairly certain we took care of all the ones reported and other members have been helpful in calling them out on other lessons too. Was definitely something we expected with a transition of so much content but we're working through it!

Regarding the search function on the membership side, we are working on implementing this, it is available on the TotallyGuitars.com side and as a workaround I have been suggesting to take the number in the url from the Totally Guitars side and pop it in at the end of the lesson url on the Totally Lessons side to pull up the lesson.

Hope that helps as a temporary workaround, we'll drop a note on the forum as soon as the search feature is released.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic