Where's Wallgo

When we launch a feature you will hear about it here..
TGMike

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I know there has been a lot of trying to find your wall. Recently we upgraded the base software for the site. The vendor has taken a new direction and is no longer including walls. Even though there is evidence of the wall application around it will not work.

Instead there is that new share box you see on any profile page. With it you can message each other profile page similar to the wall. We will get a little demo up soon.

We know a lot of you love the wall format. While the share box certainly seems a little bit scaled down in presentation hopefully it will be developed to be much more robust in time.

For now we are going to be looking for a 3rd party wall application we can install. It will take us time to identify and test this.

Thanks,
Mike

michelew

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Well just another example of ask and you guys will do your best to deliver.

Coolio.

Thanks

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:03 am

Thanks for the info Mike and the ongoing improvements.

Maybe this is a good place and time for me to make the following observation. I think the walls have been very popular and I hope they stay but I think the earlier ability to see the Recent Activity column in a prominent position made communication between members very easy and very fast. It was used a lot to make a quick comment or bring notice to a new photo a friend had posted or a new wall post or something going on in the groups. Now it is only easy to see what is happening in the forums. I can't remember the last time I went to one of the groups (or noticed that anyone else had) and I keep missing wall posts and all the quick comments that used to be made. I'd really like to see that activity column back in its original position and form as I really think it was a major communication medium for us.

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same and if it's possible to go back to something which worked so well?

suziko

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:41 am

I agree completely, Chris. My wall-usage plummeted after the Recent Activity sidebar went away, for exactly that same reason. I don't want to go to each friend's profile to see if anything new has happened. If it's at all possible, I'd love to see something like the Recent Activity sidebar resurrected.

Suzi

MarkM

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:12 am

Dito Chris! :) ....but even with the old way, I missed lots of replies on my wall....would be nice to know something is written in there..

wammer

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:47 am

Here Here
Agreed

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:05 am

Same here Chris, good point.

Thanks for the update Mike!

J

michelew

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 am

I absolutely concur with Chris.

willem

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 am

sometimes the first idea is the best,,oke i can go to a friend only,,but sometimes when a friend read something from a other friend he could be inspired and so ,,I WANT MY WALL BACK!!!!!..I am not yelling just to be sure you read it..

thereshopeyet

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic