Achievements

When we launch a feature you will hear about it here..
TGMike

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

You may have noticed a points or trophy indicator in the login area up top. We have been working on an idea for a while here at TG. A fun way to show your participation on the site and share it with others.

Again this is just for fun!

Now when you do the things you normally like to do such as participating in the forum, uploading a video, or joining a group you will get points.

Eventually you will have enough points for a "trophy" in that category. Each category will have 5 levels of achievement.

There is also an overall achievements completion status.

You can get to the achievements page on the left navigation in the community section there is a new Achievements button.

You can also go direct here: http://www.totallyguitars.com/achievements

We are still adding new ways to get points so be on the lookout!

Thanks,
Mike

tovo

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Just wanted to comment positively on this. Looks like heaps of work has gone into it for a start!

Those who are perhaps newer to the site won't remember that we used to have "Karma" points that were allocated by the other members. There was also like a "negative Karma" and people could use that anonymously which didn't create a great vibe. In the end it was taken away (that's where the term "pizza points" came from by the way).

Anyway, this seems to be a great replacement for that Karma system. As Mike said, just a bit of fun. I think it's important to acknowledge the guys working hard to improve the site.

Cheers guys.

Lavallee

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Mike, that seems like a fun idea, a feed back on our own participation.

Brilliant

Marc

TGMike

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi Tovo,

It is funny you mentioned pizza points. In my first of many video takes I had mentioned it but then it kind of went away in take #5,348 :)

Appreciate your kind words. I must say this was the most amibious project for us to tackle coming from Matt's brain. We will be adding more points soon. Programming some of these is a huge task and takes hours for just one function. It is always worth the effort seeing the new features on the site and getting used. Our deep underground programmer TG Naz does a great job for us and I know he sees these compliments as well.

Thanks,
Mike

tovo wrote:
Just wanted to comment positively on this. Looks like heaps of work has gone into it for a start!

Those who are perhaps newer to the site won't remember that we used to have "Karma" points that were allocated by the other members. There was also like a "negative Karma" and people could use that anonymously which didn't create a great vibe. In the end it was taken away (that's where the term "pizza points" came from by the way).

Anyway, this seems to be a great replacement for that Karma system. As Mike said, just a bit of fun. I think it's important to acknowledge the guys working hard to improve the site.

Cheers guys.

thereshopeyet

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Thanks

haoli25

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks Mike. I have made a career of sitting on my ass and getting achievements, but this one is kind of nice. :) I will actually put some effort into this.

Bill

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:39 am

I doubt it can be done , now theres a challenge if ever!! But what about those who post topics get points for those who actually answer them also, i.e. TOVO post a chalenging question and everyone who responds also gains TOVO points! Hey he needs all the help he can get he's an Aussie remember lol!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic