...Technical Support - Access Issues

When we launch a feature you will hear about it here..
ethan417

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me.
I am having difficulty with the site.
I just joined (again) a few weeks back (a christmas gift from my daughters).
everything was fine until this past sunday.
Suddenly, I'll be watching a video and it stops playing - it just hangs.
I restart it - it hangs.
I close the browser and restart it - it hangs.
I've tried different browsers - it still hangs.
All my browsers are up-to-date
I tried switching from High resolution to Medium resolution - still it hangs
I checked my internet connection speed - my download speed is 237.98 Mbps and my upload speed is 12.12 Mbps.
I am not experiencing this problem with any of the other video site that i regularly use - news, YouTube, other guitar sites etc.
I tried contacting TG via email - but did not get a response - maybe I have the wrong email address.
i know this must be a simple problem.
It's such a great site and i only have a one month membership.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many many thanks for your help

TGKatherine

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi Andrew,

Sure thing!

Just reached out through support to the email address you used to set up your account, but if you don't get the message, please send us an email to [email protected] to get a few more details we need to help you with this.

Thank you!

mwar729

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Your site is fubar! I contacted your "support" only to have them send me an e-mail stating the matter is closed, when nothing has been done to make it possible for me to access the lessons I purchased! Meanwhile your site is not secure and the home page freezes as soon as I log on!! There is no phone number to discuss and try to resolve this matter. Your support team is anything but, and as of now not only will I not being buying any more of your lessons, but I'll recommend people stay away from your site not only due to the lack of support by your team but the danger of having one's computer being compromised by logging onto your site! Just mail me the lessons I purchased on a zip drive so I can finally access them and we can actually "resolve" this matter!

tgjameela

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Hey Mark,

Thanks for posting and we're sorry to hear that your issue has not been resolved, I found your ticket in our support system and will shoot you a reply so that we can help you regain access to your Pay Per Lessons.

I'm sorry to say that we are not able to mail the lessons to you on zip file due to the way they are formatted, our lessons have always been available streaming through the website, though in the recent years we have released DVD's for those members that would prefer to view the content offline, you're welcome to check out the DVD Store if you're interested in physical copies of the lessons.

Regarding the security of the site, you are correct that browsers currently indicate the site as not being secure, however all of our pages that gather sensitive information, ie purchase details and credit card information are secured over HTTPS protocol. However other pages, such as the forum and lesson pages are not, this is because we have not yet tackled converting all the content for it be be displayed over HTTPS, having thousands of pages makes this process a bit difficult, but that's not to say we aren't aware and working on a solution to this issue. Search engines prefer sites that have all their pages secured so it's definitely something we're working on updating.

The site interface is a bit dated, I will agree with you on that, having been built in '09 it's starting to show it's age, something we are very much aware of and are working on in the background to improve.

Please look for an email from me shortly so that we can work on why the site is freezing for you. Information such as what browser and OS you are using, as well as the type of internet connection you have are always helpful when troubleshooting tech issues.

Talk to you soon and thanks so much for you patience!
Jameela

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic