Google Plus Pop up on TG website

When we launch a feature you will hear about it here..
TGNesh

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:44 am

Just sending you in the right direction Bill. Support has always requested in the past to send a support ticket when things are not working, since they don't usually or neccessarily keep up with/read the forums.

wrsomers wrote:
Thank you Daryl and Vanessa. I will try that instead. As far as the forum "not being the place for such issues", I don't get that because this thread is about website features, and many before me have posted on this thread regarding issues they are having at TG. Pardon me :(

Bill

daryl

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:47 am

Hi Bill, I didn't notice where you posted this issue. You are probably right and Jameela and others will see your post. But I think just to be safe a support ticket wouldn't hurt.

wrsomers

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:40 am

Thanks again Daryl and Vanessa. I have emailed support and hope to get this resolved soon.

Bill

PS. I learned the hard way from Spinland, that it's best to look for new posts on the main forum . Otherwise you may not know where the posting person is coming from topic-wise. ☺ Thanks Spinny!

spinland

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:16 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Thanks Spinny!

tgjameela

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi Bill,

Thanks for reaching out, Katherine shared this thread with me so I figured I would drop a reply.

We've had the social widgets throughout the site for quite some times now, honestly I cannot remember a time when they weren't there, but I'm sure those that have been on the site before my time can. And we have not had any other reports of load issues related to these social widgets, which does mean that the issue could be isolated to your browser, or hardware.

I did notice that you have the Norton Anti-Virus plug in tied into your browser, I have not personally had any positive experiences with the Norton Anti-Virus application and find that it over uses computer resources and typically comes with a lot of what we call "bloat", it typically slows down applications and can in some cases actually put viruses on your computer when attempting to remove it.

I understand, as Katherine has shared with me, that you are not having load issues with any other websites but a quick search on Google indicates that bugs have been reported for both Chrome and Internet Explorer using Norton Security. If you could try disabling the plug in completely and try using the site again after clearing cache and cookies to ensure that there aren't any lingering elements from the browser we would appreciate that.

Alternatively, if you have Firefox and it doesn't have the Norton plug in, please try that browser and let us know if you notice any difference in load time.

I'll let Katherine know to follow up with you via email as well, keep us posted on how things go.

Thanks!
Jameela

wrsomers wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the loading speed of pages here. It seems TG has incorporated a series of Google + pop ups on each page. Here is a screen shot showing what I mean. It appears just below the main menu bar on the top right of the screen:

These items slow down page loading and at times make my browsers crash (not responding). It happens in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Katherine/Jameela...Is there anything that can be done about this? This feature is ruining my experience here.

Bill

wrsomers

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks Jameela,
It appears you are absolutely correct. When I disable the Norton extensions, the problem goes away. I may install Firefox. I used to have it but ran into all kinds of problems with it. It could be that Norton was messing up Firefox too. I'll let you know how I make out. In the meantime, thanks for coming through again.

Bill

wrsomers

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:21 am

Jameela,
Thanks again! I reinstalled Firefox and tried running it without the Norton plugins. It works beautifully. You are always a great resource.
Bill

tgjameela

Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the issue was resolved when Norton was removed. I don't typically use an anti-virus application, but keep extensions like Ad Block when using Chrome to prevent any potential viruses from ad's on sites throughout the web.

So long as you keep your computer OS up to date, avoid any unsavory sites, and take preventative measures you won't typically run into very many viruses on the web.

As always feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance in the future.

Thanks!
Jameela

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic