Google Plus Pop up on TG website

When we launch a feature you will hear about it here..
wrsomers

Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:42 am

I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the loading speed of pages here. It seems TG has incorporated a series of Google + pop ups on each page. Here is a screen shot showing what I mean. It appears just below the main menu bar on the top right of the screen:

These items slow down page loading and at times make my browsers crash (not responding). It happens in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Katherine/Jameela...Is there anything that can be done about this? This feature is ruining my experience here.

Bill

daryl

Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:49 am

Hi Bill, I don't seem to have a problem with page loadings. I have a 7 year old laptop running windows 10 and chrome. Perhaps try clearing cookies and cache and maybe running ccleaner (to free space and check your registry).

wrsomers

Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:51 am

Thanks Daryl. I'll try that and let you know what happens.
Bill

wrsomers

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:01 am

Thanks Daryl,
I cleared cookies, browsing data, cache and history and that has helped a great deal with the speed. Google + is still there and does slow things down but not nearly as much. I just wish I could opt out of that feature as I really don't care to use Facebook messenger, like, share, tweet and all that other stuff. If and when I want to I just go to my Facebook page. Oh well, waddayagonna do? :)

Bill

daryl

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:24 am

I agree. I don't share or tweet or IM or any of that stuff either.

wiley

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:22 pm

wrsomers

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:43 am

This is a message for Jameela and Katherine regarding my previous post. The Google Plus feature on this website definitely slow down my loading time. I have only experienced this phenomenon at Totally Guitars. I am asking for you to look into this and fix the problem. i tried doing what Daryl suggested above and it worked for a very short time. I would like to see this feature removed if at all possible.
Thank you in advance for your support.

Bill Somers

daryl

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:27 am

It would be interesting to know how many times those buttons (google-plus, ~-send, facebook-likes, plus-share, tweet, and in-share) get clicked.
It looks like there have been 755 facebook likes.
I have never heard of in-share, plus-share, and ~-send.

Perhaps Bill, you should open up a support ticket because your post might not get read by Jameela or Katherine. Or you could send them and/or Neil a PM.

TGNesh

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:34 am

Daryl is right Bill, the forum is not the place for such issues. It may or may not be read by them. A support ticket will reach them for sure.

wrsomers

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:27 am

Thank you Daryl and Vanessa. I will try that instead. As far as the forum "not being the place for such issues", I don't get that because this thread is about website features, and many before me have posted on this thread regarding issues they are having at TG. Pardon me :(

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic