Newest Target Members Only Lesson - Fly On The Wall - Long, Long Time with Lisa

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tgjameela

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Fly on the Wall lesson, exclusively for TARGET members, Long, Long Time with Lisa!

Some of you know Lisa, who has been part of the IGC family for a few years now. She joins the ranks
of FOTW victims with a look at Linda Ronstadt’s Long, Long Time.

Most weeks Lisa comes in with a few new songs that have grabbed her attention and puts in quite a
bit of time on them herself, before we talk about details. This almost always provides an excuse to talk
a little theory or technique. In this lesson we review chord progressions, chords outside the key, and
particularly secondary dominant chords.

Welcome to the Fly on the Wall Series Lisa!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -lisa.html

sandysue

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Great FOTW Lisa. I love that song and your pretty voice. Can’t wait to hear you perform that one at open mic soon. :)

wrsomers

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Great lesson. Beautiful voice Lisa! “ And life’s full of flaws, who knows the cost”

willem

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:24 am

That's chicky

familyman4

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:37 am

Welcome to FOTW Lisa! I appreciate that you have the desire to let us inside your lesson window with Neil and learn along with you. Such a powerful tool....

This song will fit your voice very well. It already sounds good while you are leaning it.

Bart

spinland

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Great FOTW! Thank you so much for sharing your learning time, Lisa! I kinda envy you guys who can drop in on Neil in person without needing to recreate an episode of Wagon Train. :side:

Mark

daryl

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:24 pm

I always thought the opening line was "Love will abide, take things in stride".

TGNeil

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:19 pm

daryl wrote:
I always thought the opening line was "Love will abide, take things in stride".
Definitely right Daryl. We just hadn't gotten to worrying about that yet, music first.

Neil

LisaC

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Thank you, Everyone, for watching and giving your thoughtful replies. Yes, I need to work on the lyrics! Also, yes, Mark, it is really great to have Neil as my teacher. I really look forward to every lesson! Oh, and yes, it is a very chicky song :-)

Lisa

TGNesh

Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:22 am

I so wish i could watch your FOTW Lisa, but since a couple of weeks i'm not able to get those segments playing :S. Need to reach out to Jameela.

In any way, I'm sure you're great as you always are. I hope you know that I'm a Lisa-fan!! :kiss:

LisaC wrote:
Thank you, Everyone, for watching and giving your thoughtful replies. Yes, I need to work on the lyrics! Also, yes, Mark, it is really great to have Neil as my teacher. I really look forward to every lesson! Oh, and yes, it is a very chicky song :-)

Lisa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic