The International Guitar Camp in September now live...Check it out.

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
auntlynnie

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Hey,
Thanks everyone, for the reassurancees.
I was jst having some moments of doubt, and as always,
The TG community came through for me.
Feeling better again!
Lynn

wrench

Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 am

Hey Lynnie, I see that some of us, even Neil, have provided some reassurance, that's really good! :)

If I may add.....a 'great' teacher is someone whos focus is on making you a better player, to help you making the steps for that, NO MATTER what level you are. You could write a book about the definition of a 'great teacher'. In anyway, it certainly ain't about how great they play themselves either, period.

You'll absolutely be fine! ;)

auntlynnie wrote:
OK, here's my worry.
Just because I had the money to pay for this, doesn't make me qualified to attend this event.
I feel like with all these great teachers and presenters, I'm way, way, way out of my league.
:(

I've never attended any kind of guitar camp before.
Auntlynnie

auntlynnie

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:32 am

Thanks, Ness,

Of course what you said is true - sometimes I can just get focused on the wrong thing. It helps to have friends who can put things in perspective.

Cheers,

Lynnie

tvarga

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:30 am

I just watched the IGC News Update #3 and liked that you mentioned that there might be some activities before and after the camp in the general area.
Since I haven't yet booked my flight plans, I'm still trying to decide how many days before and after I should stay around.
(As you know, I'm lucky enough that my family lives in Los Gatos. :))
That being said, it would be hugely beneficial if there were a page on the IGC website that lists all known activities during the week before and after the camp.
That would help with deciding when to arrive and leave.
Thanks,
-Tom

Music Junkie

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Another question.... :unsure:

Should we bring an ice chest or anything for snacks/drinks? I know that the event includes meals, but I was not sure how anything else was going to be handled. I watched the clip on the Quaker Center again, and only saw one small refrigerator in the "Haven" room.

TGNeil

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 pm

tvarga wrote:
I just watched the IGC News Update #3 and liked that you mentioned that there might be some activities before and after the camp in the general area.
Since I haven't yet booked my flight plans, I'm still trying to decide how many days before and after I should stay around.
(As you know, I'm lucky enough that my family lives in Los Gatos. :))
That being said, it would be hugely beneficial if there were a page on the IGC website that lists all known activities during the week before and after the camp.
That would help with deciding when to arrive and leave.
Thanks,
-Tom
Hi Tom,

I'm really glad to hear you're making the trip. The only thing planned right now outside the camp is Muriel will be doing a concert Sunday night at Don Quixote's but everybody is on their own for that as we are completely caught up in organizing the three scheduled days.

I was more referring to any get-togethers that the guests might try to organize on their own, either before or after. There are lots of cool things and places near here depending on everybody's particular interests- San Francisco or Big Sur for example.

Maybe the main thing we will do is provide a way for guests to get in touch with each other in advance, although that might be pretty easy already.

Neil

auntlynnie

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 am

For one of the before or after camp activities:

How about a tour of the Santa Cruz Guitar Company? I would love that!

AuntLynnie

BigBear

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:42 am

Break out the adult beverages! I can't let you guys and gals have all the fun! I'm in.

See you in September!

Cheers! :cheer:

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 am

BigBear wrote:
Break out the adult beverages! I can't let you guys and gals have all the fun! I'm in.

See you in September!

Cheers! :cheer:
Rick:

I was just getting ready to email you to get an update..... That is great news! Can't wait to see you my friend.... ;)

J

auntlynnie

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:02 pm

So does anyone have a complete list of who (meaning TGers) is attending.
I was thinking of starting a group - not for being exclusive or anything, just as a way of making plans for before and after the camp, maybe plans for camp.
I dunno - I'm just can't figure out who is attending.
Lynnie

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic