The International Guitar Camp in September now live...Check it out.

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
briancbl

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks Jason. You local (USA that is)?

tombo1230

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:22 pm

briancbl wrote:
Hi

I've booked my place. Is there going to be any pre course homework? If not are you going to recommend any lessons we need to brush up on? It's kinda scarey as I've never done this before and got no idea of the standard required. Also those of us who have now paid up will we get further updates and maybe informed of others attending from our home country. I'm travelling from England and it's a long flight on your todd (English slang for on your own). Finally I see it's a Quaker Resort - does that mean no booze???? :S
I'm pretty sure there are no rules attached to any of this. It may give you incentive to practice more, which has got to be good!

Some players will be better than others. It's a chance to interact with other guitarists and learn and have fun.

This is a first for me also. I am coming from Scotland, so I am in a similar boat, er..........aeroplane to you. :laugh:

It will be a blast! :)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:48 pm

Tom Wrote:
This is a first for me also. I am coming from Scotland, so I am in a similar boat,
Remember Tom , don't go o the Titanic !!!

:laugh:

sws626

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:56 pm

I was thinking that it would be a good idea, as we get closer to the date, to start keeping a list of who is coming and maybe try to coordinate some travel plans. Although I'm in the UK now, I'll be moving to Berkeley this summer, so will be relatively local and would be happy to pick up some people from the airport and provide a place to sleep for a few days before and after -- obviously for a limited number of people, but I'm sure there are other local hosts who'd be interested in easing the journey and spending some extra time together.

Music Junkie

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Briancbl:

Yep, I am just 5 or 6 hours south along the Pacific Coast (Ventura, CA, USA). I will be traveling alone too, but certainly not to the extent that you or Tom will be. B)

Tom Brings up a great point about practicing. I know that there will be players of all levels, and I am expecting to be closer to the bottom end. However, I am very excited about immersing myself into the camp and getting as much out of it as I can. Even if I am the least experienced player (politically correct term for worst player... :woohoo: ), I will certainly gain something and improve. Plus I will get a chance to meet so many of you... ;)

J

Music Junkie

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 pm

sws626 wrote:
I was thinking that it would be a good idea, as we get closer to the date, to start keeping a list of who is coming and maybe try to coordinate some travel plans. Although I'm in the UK now, I'll be moving to Berkeley this summer, so will be relatively local and would be happy to pick up some people from the airport and provide a place to sleep for a few days before and after -- obviously for a limited number of people, but I'm sure there are other local hosts who'd be interested in easing the journey and spending some extra time together.
Wow, that is quite a move! I hope that goes smoothly for you... :)

tombo1230

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:04 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Tom Wrote:
This is a first for me also. I am coming from Scotland, so I am in a similar boat,
Remember Tom , don't go o the Titanic !!!

:laugh:
I believe there's actually a Titanic 2 and it's to make the same journey 100 years after the original one, but it's fully booked. Anyway it only goes to New York........well........If it doesn't meet any icebergs on the way. :huh: :dry: Doesn't matter though, because it's unsinkable. :laugh: Anyway I'm flying to America. ;) :)

Tom N.

tombo1230

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 pm

sws626 wrote:
That's a pretty neat and generous idea.

Tom N.

briancbl

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Great reply's Guy's (Americanism, just getting into the swing...ummm) and some v generous thoughts from sws626. Tom N I'll probably go from Heathrow with Virgin; don't know if they've named one of their jumbo's Titanic 2 ?? (where are the smiley faces on this website!) :/

Most disturbing thing is no one has answered my question about booze (alcohol). Will I need to smuggle it in to the Quaker Camp??? Don't get me wrong I'm no alcoholic but "a wee dram" does help one to relax and I'll need it big stlye; and that's just to help sleep in those dormitories!!

briancbl

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Love your modesty - look forward to meeting up and then seeing how good you really are lol. Think I'll go and learn Ventura Highway ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic