The International Guitar Camp in September now live...Check it out.

TG started our International Guitar Camp in 2013 and now are hosting two each year, our Spring Camp at the end of April and our Fall Camp in early September.
auntlynnie

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Hey,
Thanks everyone, for the reassurancees.
I was jst having some moments of doubt, and as always,
The TG community came through for me.
Feeling better again!
Lynn

wrench

Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 am

Hey Lynnie, I see that some of us, even Neil, have provided some reassurance, that's really good! :)

If I may add.....a 'great' teacher is someone whos focus is on making you a better player, to help you making the steps for that, NO MATTER what level you are. You could write a book about the definition of a 'great teacher'. In anyway, it certainly ain't about how great they play themselves either, period.

You'll absolutely be fine! ;)

auntlynnie wrote:
OK, here's my worry.
Just because I had the money to pay for this, doesn't make me qualified to attend this event.
I feel like with all these great teachers and presenters, I'm way, way, way out of my league.
:(

I've never attended any kind of guitar camp before.
Auntlynnie

auntlynnie

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:32 am

Thanks, Ness,

Of course what you said is true - sometimes I can just get focused on the wrong thing. It helps to have friends who can put things in perspective.

Cheers,

Lynnie

tvarga

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:30 am

I just watched the IGC News Update #3 and liked that you mentioned that there might be some activities before and after the camp in the general area.
Since I haven't yet booked my flight plans, I'm still trying to decide how many days before and after I should stay around.
(As you know, I'm lucky enough that my family lives in Los Gatos. :))
That being said, it would be hugely beneficial if there were a page on the IGC website that lists all known activities during the week before and after the camp.
That would help with deciding when to arrive and leave.
Thanks,
-Tom

Music Junkie

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Another question.... :unsure:

Should we bring an ice chest or anything for snacks/drinks? I know that the event includes meals, but I was not sure how anything else was going to be handled. I watched the clip on the Quaker Center again, and only saw one small refrigerator in the "Haven" room.

TGNeil

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 pm

tvarga wrote:
I just watched the IGC News Update #3 and liked that you mentioned that there might be some activities before and after the camp in the general area.
Since I haven't yet booked my flight plans, I'm still trying to decide how many days before and after I should stay around.
(As you know, I'm lucky enough that my family lives in Los Gatos. :))
That being said, it would be hugely beneficial if there were a page on the IGC website that lists all known activities during the week before and after the camp.
That would help with deciding when to arrive and leave.
Thanks,
-Tom
Hi Tom,

I'm really glad to hear you're making the trip. The only thing planned right now outside the camp is Muriel will be doing a concert Sunday night at Don Quixote's but everybody is on their own for that as we are completely caught up in organizing the three scheduled days.

I was more referring to any get-togethers that the guests might try to organize on their own, either before or after. There are lots of cool things and places near here depending on everybody's particular interests- San Francisco or Big Sur for example.

Maybe the main thing we will do is provide a way for guests to get in touch with each other in advance, although that might be pretty easy already.

Neil

auntlynnie

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 am

For one of the before or after camp activities:

How about a tour of the Santa Cruz Guitar Company? I would love that!

AuntLynnie

BigBear

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:42 am

Break out the adult beverages! I can't let you guys and gals have all the fun! I'm in.

See you in September!

Cheers! :cheer:

Music Junkie

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:54 am

BigBear wrote:
Break out the adult beverages! I can't let you guys and gals have all the fun! I'm in.

See you in September!

Cheers! :cheer:
Rick:

I was just getting ready to email you to get an update..... That is great news! Can't wait to see you my friend.... ;)

J

auntlynnie

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:02 pm

So does anyone have a complete list of who (meaning TGers) is attending.
I was thinking of starting a group - not for being exclusive or anything, just as a way of making plans for before and after the camp, maybe plans for camp.
I dunno - I'm just can't figure out who is attending.
Lynnie

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic