> Going to the IGC ?...Post here for ideas on activities outside of camp time

TG started our International Guitar Camp in 2013 and now are hosting two each year, our Spring Camp at the end of April and our Fall Camp in early September.
TGMatt

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Headline says it all really.

If you are attending the camp and want to arrange various get togethers , visits to places, ideas on hanging out, staying together etc.. Then feel free to post in this thread all of that, so all attendees can read and participate..

One thing you can start with potentially is the concert that Muriel is having after the camp, you may want to stay for that.

Cheers

BigBear

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:09 am

Matt- when will we physically be allowed to be at the camp? What time Thursday and when do we have to be out Sunday?

Is Thursday dinner the first meal and Sunday breakfast the last? This will give us a better guide on when to arrive and depart.

Personally, I'd like to get to Ben Lomond Wednesday afternoon, stay in a motel and get to camp as early as possible Thursday. And I'll probably stay for Muriel's show Sunday and depart Monday midday .

Cheers! :cheer:

BigBear

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:46 am

Bear, you can read it in this schedule:

http://internationalguitarcamp.com/schedule/

Cheers and hope you'll have LOTS of fun! :cheer:

BigBear wrote:
Matt- when will we physically be allowed to be at the camp? What time Thursday and when do we have to be out Sunday?

Is Thursday dinner the first meal and Sunday breakfast the last? This will give us a better guide on when to arrive and depart.

Personally, I'd like to get to Ben Lomond Wednesday afternoon, stay in a motel and get to camp as early as possible Thursday. And I'll probably stay for Muriel's show Sunday and depart Monday midday .

sbutler

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Matt, as long as I walk away playing guitar like Vanessa or Tommy E, I'll be happy as a pig in a puddle. Just as long as it happens sometime during the weekend :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think I would like to go to see Jack van Breen at Guitar Showcase at some point. Although I may walk out the door with something I didn't have when I went in.

Scott

BigBear

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:35 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Bear, you can read it in this schedule:

http://internationalguitarcamp.com/schedule/

Cheers and hope you'll have LOTS of fun! :cheer:

BigBear wrote:

Thanks Nesh! I totally missed that schedule. I sure wish you were going to be there. I'd love to meet you!

Rick

familyman4

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:31 am

Scott,

When you go into San Jose to see Jack Van Breen at Guitar Showcase, make sure you save at least 30 minutes to hang out inside "the vault". This is a room with many vintage and collectable guitars and is fabulus to see! Most are for sale if you need to budget extra cash for the trip :)

I had a chance to visit the store and see Jack once last year while working & traveling in the area. It is well worth the trip!

Bart

briancbl

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:45 am

Hi Bart

Thanks for the advice. Think I'll visit Guitar Showcase prior to the ICG and get me a guitar as I don't want to bring one from England; also gives me an excuse (as if we need one) to get another guitar!

Cheers

Brian

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Why don't you organise a live TG show for those who can't make it featuring some of the Instructors and some of those who attend.

Music Junkie

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Why don't you organise a live TG show for those who can't make it featuring some of the Instructors and some of those who attend.
Chas:

The schedule shows a TG live at 8pm PST on Thursday night. I am not sure what all that means, but maybe Matt can shed some light on it... :)

Jason

sbutler

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Chas:

The schedule shows a TG live at 8pm PST on Thursday night. I am not sure what all that means, but maybe Matt can shed some light on it... :)

Jason
I certainly hope to still be alive at 8pm that night as well :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic