>> International Guitar Camp 2014 is live ..

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
jayswett

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:56 am

I know it's a bit early to think about this, but just wondering which airport should we be using in September?

MarkM

Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:26 am

I was thinking the same thing Jay. San Jose has very limited arrival times where San Francisco has many more options.

Is the first day more of an arrival day? What time are we allow to show up at the camp? This may determine if I fly in a day early and then get myself to the camp on time as I'm coming from the East Coast.

MarkM

TGNeil

Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:34 am

MarkM wrote:
I was thinking the same thing Jay. San Jose has very limited arrival times where San Francisco has many more options.

Is the first day more of an arrival day? What time are we allow to show up at the camp? This may determine if I fly in a day early and then get myself to the camp on time as I'm coming from the East Coast.
MarkM
We really won't be checking people in until after 4:00 on Wednesday so SF is not a bad choice as it is about 90 minutes away from The Quaker Center, San Jose is 45 or so. Obviously flying west can get you here in the early afternoon but a ride from SF might be harder to arrange, meaning car rental might be in order. There really is no need for a car once you are at camp and parking is a bit limited. A good SF plan might be to coordinate a few people to arrive and drive around the same time. Hopefully in a week or two we can get info out on who is coming and connect some of you.

Neil

Music Junkie

Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:01 pm

jayswett wrote:
If Rick can't take the 20th spot, I'd recommend that we lean on Marc (Lavallee).
Jay:

Have you heard from Marc? If he is interested, I will lean on him for sure... :) I would love to meet Marc. We were supposed to get together a couple of years ago,but it fell through. Let's all lean on him whether he is #20 or not! ;)

silvereagles

Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:54 pm

For me I can get a direct flight from Detroit to San Fran. And more options

I looked at flights I can get in about 10:30 am on Wednesday. The other thing is only early flight east bound on Sunday for me so I guessing I will fly out on Monday morning.....

If anyone else is flying into San Fran let me know and we can ride together

Once I get there maybe with a ride I can park somewhere off site for the time I'm there...

Thanks,

Dennis

Music Junkie

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Dennis:

If the flight out Sunday morning is not TOO early, you could always do that. People were leaving at all sorts of different times on Sunday last year. We just had breakfast and hung out and had a little wrap up and social that day. It was fun, but if it is better for you to head out on Sunday, that would still be a viable option. If you wait til Monday, you could drive back in to SF on Sunday night and have a nice dinner too. You better check with the boss though. I am assuming that your wife is the boss. That is how it works in my house.... :P

Jason

jcrocket

Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Dennis -

I'll be flying out of Detroit as well, into SF, on Wednesday. I'll be renting a car and driving down to camp, and then driving up to SF on Sunday after camp to meet my wife, who is flying out to meet me.

I'm probably a month or two away from booking our flights, but once I do, I'll post our arrival times here. If you (or anyone else flying into SF that day) need a ride to and from camp, I'll obviously have some room.

Jeff

silvereagles

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:34 am

Jeff sounds great!!!!!
I can chip in for gas and rental also because I was going to rent also......

Let me know,
Thanks,
Dennis

benfield113

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Jeff,

That could work well for me too if you have space. Look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers

Andy

ramazzoli

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:24 pm

just signed up for igc v2.0....

vanessa, am still waiting on my replacement nylon string

robb

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic