International Guitar Camp 2013 - Open Mic Night - Vanessa Performs Summer Of '69

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
tgjameela

Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new Open Mic Night video that was just released, featuring Vanessa performing Summer of '69.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... of-69.html

willem

Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Yeah,,wow,,that was the only performens were it was silent like a mouse...

sbutler

Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Hey, thats my buddy up there. I know her. Wow

pbraun

Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Now we need a lesson on Summer of 69!

jimcjimc

Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Vanessa,
That was a fantastic performance of those two songs! It was great to see it again!

Jim

tombo1230

Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:28 pm

Great job Vanessa, but hey, that's what we know we can expect from you. ;) :) You're a star. :)

Tom N.

michelew

Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:09 am

Gosh! You're such an entertainer Nessa. I absolutely LOVED watching both songs; the range of expressions, the changes in style (from tender to rockin'), the flourishes, the cheekiness and just the pure confidence you exude throughout. Lost words? Who cares just keep humming and everyone will continue to LOVE it, which we did.

SO COOOOL! And you sounded GREAT!

My hero. :) :) :) :) :)

Shel

sandysue

Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:12 am

Hi Ness

What a pretty song, and a really pretty voice you have. You're a great musician. Im glad you're one of our music teachers :)

Sandy

benfield113

Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:08 am

Hi Vanessa,

That brought it all back !!! Wonderful evening.

Hope we'll have another like that this year!! :)

Cheers

Andy

TGNesh

Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:23 am

Aaah many many thanks guys and gals!! :cheer:

Willem: Yes, i noticed that it was pretty quiet as well! :blink: Must be a good thing! ;) Thanks Willem!

Scott: Coincedently went through our pictures (of the days we spent prior to IGC) yesterday to show a friend, sure miss those great times... :( ...great memories......Yes, I know you can't make it, really hope for maybe next year or something! Thanks buddy! :kiss:

Pete: You're absolutely right! I've been thinking about it, just not so sure about the how to play it. Is it random? I obviously played a version based on Bryan's Unplugged MTV-show, so yes, quite random. Well we'll see! ;)

Jim: Many thanks Jim, appreciate it! Have you decided on IGC 2014 already?

Tom N.: Aaah Tom, you're too kind!!! Thank you very much! :cheer:

Michele: Hey my biggest fan! :P The expressions actually annoyed me...pffff..... :S I really should leave those out.... :( ....My excuse is that I didn't really prepare/plan to play at the open mic. Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely nice to hear that you didn't care at all :). And yeah, i did think that I had to lighten it all up after the obscure 'Triad'. Oh, next time I'll tune the guitar too......grrrrrrr...... :blush: Thanks so much for your sweet sweet comment, I always love to read those! :cheer:

Sandy: Thank you very much sweet Sandy! I still very much enjoy teaching at TG, can't wait for September to see everybody and my awesome roommates again! ;)

Andy: Yeah, it was a wonderful evening indeed!! And of cóurse we'll have those again this year and more than óne too!! So everybody better prepare! :P Many thanks Andy, see you in September! (at this point you and I are the international part of IGC ;) )

Thanks all!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic