40 days away!

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
TGNesh

Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:59 am

So trips and crazy work, eh?! :S

You got a song or two, that's great!

Now don't be nervous MJ, you've seen last year. Things couldn't be better with such a supportive audience. And as you know, éverybody was nervous, me too! :blink: :laugh:

I think it's a good thing we will have four open mic's, usually it takes a couple of songs to settle the nerves, so by the end of the week everyone will be settled down, including you. ;)

And we'll have plenty of downtime, so there must be something in your binder to practice or to work with. Also lots of time to get instructions from the instructors personally. As you know, I'll be available for anything.

There will also be an open mic for duo's or groups, that's pretty cool too. You'll be fine Jason! :)

Music Junkie wrote:
Ness:

I have to admit that life has gotten in the way a bit here at my end. Work is completely nuts, with long hours and weekends. I feel fortunate to have the work though.

We just got back from our second trip up to the Sierras for some camping and fishing. All my nails are cut short, and my callouses are gone. Untangling fishing poles and baiting hooks for the last five days has my head spinning a bit. Feeling pretty darn nervous about the prospects of attending camp this year. I am hoping things will settle down now that summer is ending, and I am hoping to get some normal practice going again. I have a song or two I have been working on, but my evening practices have been hap hazard at best. Only time will tell, and time is running short. ;)

Jason

TGNesh

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:04 am

:laugh: :laugh: Going with the flow is good too Bob!

Hope you had a great time with Bob L. and definitely looking forward to the results of your getting together. 'A bunch of songs'?, yeah I take it that the going with the flow will work out for you just fine. ;)

Travel safe!

schembre wrote:
Well 12 months ago, I promised I'd prepare better, now 11 months in and I'm going with the flow! ;-) Bob Lindsey is in town and I'm meeting with him on Sunday, so we may collaborate on a song or two for the open mic. I have a bunch of songs I'd like to try for the open mic, so I think I'll just play it by ear and suprise myself like I did last year ... although I'm not going to show off and sing in one key while playing in another like I did last year ... I hope not anyway ... ;-)

See you all there!
Bob

Music Junkie

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:01 am

TGVanessa wrote:
And as you know, éverybody was nervous, me too! :blink: :laugh
:

I am NOT buying that, Ness.... ;) You played and sang so beautifully. If there were any nerves in your performance, they were ghosts of long lost nerves that disappeared years ago.... :laugh:

TGVanessa wrote:
Also lots of time to get instructions from the instructors personally. As you know, I'll be available for anything.

There will also be an open mic for duo's or groups, that's pretty cool too. You'll be fine Jason! :)

I will certainly be taking you up on that offer. The songs I have in mind are doable from a playing standpoint (at least they are while sitting at home). I will just need a bit of help finding the right key for my wickedly horrible singing voice... I may kidnap Bob and make him sing in one key while I play in another.... :lol: :lol:

5 weeks...... It will be here in the blink of an eye.... Can't wait to see all the returning folks and the newcomers. I really like the schedule you guys put together.

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:48 am

Time for me to confess. I was secretly hoping to make a surprise late appearance at camp this year but it wont happen. I do have my dream guitar to console me so its not all bad! I hope you guys have a blast and savour your time together out there at the Quaker Centre and I will look forward to the videos and making out there some other time.
Chris

Music Junkie

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:16 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Time for me to confess. I was secretly hoping to make a surprise late appearance at camp this year but it wont happen. I do have my dream guitar to console me so its not all bad! I hope you guys have a blast and savour your time together out there at the Quaker Centre and I will look forward to the videos and making out there some other time.
Chris
Well, crap, Chris..... I was hoping that you would be able to pull it off. Maybe next year.... Enjoy that new guitar, and I'll be sure to give you something to laugh about in this year's photos/videos..... :P

TGNesh

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Oh my.....that's reeeeeeally too bad Chris..... :( :( :( :( :( :(

It would have been a májor surprise indeed....

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Chris

TGNesh

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Nerves....if you only knew..... :S :blink: :ohmy: B) :P :laugh:

I'll be at your service Jason, any way I can! :) I'm sure we'll find the right key for you sing in and oh wait: quit the 'horrible singing voice', your one and only singing upload revealed that there is no such thing! ;)

If Bob is in another key, I'll just slap a capo on his guitar! :laugh:

Music Junkie wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
And as you know, éverybody was nervous, me too! :blink: :laugh
:

I am NOT buying that, Ness.... ;) You played and sang so beautifully. If there were any nerves in your performance, they were ghosts of long lost nerves that disappeared years ago.... :laugh:

TGVanessa wrote:
Also lots of time to get instructions from the instructors personally. As you know, I'll be available for anything.

I will certainly be taking you up on that offer. The songs I have in mind are doable from a playing standpoint (at least they are while sitting at home). I will just need a bit of help finding the right key for my wickedly horrible singing voice... I may kidnap Bob and make him sing in one key while I play in another.... :lol: :lol:

5 weeks...... It will be here in the blink of an eye.... Can't wait to see all the returning folks and the newcomers. I really like the schedule you guys put together.

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic