IGC 2014 Schedule And Highlights 1.0

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
dougyoung

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Great ideas, keep them coming! It sounds like Larry will have the recording audio/video aspect covered, so that leaves more time for hands-on the guitar stuff.

TGNesh

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:48 am

Speaking of tech-stuff, would you, Doug, have any idea/knowledge how to use a loopstation like Ed does in this video?

When being a performer on your own, that'd be reeeeeeally cool! :cheer:

dougyoung

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:44 am

Cool clip! I occasionally use a looper, I could bring it and demo it as part of the gear discussion. The hard part is to be able to do something as musical as Ed's doing here!

daryl

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:59 am

dougyoung wrote:
Cool clip! I occasionally use a looper, I could bring it and demo it as part of the gear discussion. The hard part is to be able to do something as musical as Ed's doing here!
Perhaps you could demonstrate how to just make a looping 2 or 3 or 4 chord progression and then show how to either, practice triads or arpeggios or lead solo stuff over it, or show how to create a melody against the progression (with an eye towards songwriting).

TGNesh

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Please do! Just a start would be already awesome, many thanks! :cheer:

dougyoung wrote:

Music Junkie

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Some demos on looping would be a terrific idea. I have always been amazed at how folks use them, but have never taken the time to buy one and mess around with it. I would love to see some of the basics and try to understand how to use them.

schembre

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Doug - yes, I'm with the others & Ness on this - anything that can help a solo player spice up a performance - I'm all ears!

willem

Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 am

I always like seeing shows with one person using a loopstation (so creative),since Ed Sheran uses one there is a run for it in the shops,, I consider buying a sheap one (Vox, 160,00 euro), my idea is discovering how a drum works on the guitar to begin with,, hope also when this is on IGC they share something.

Willem

leeson

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:36 am

I Think the loop idea is a great one. In general, I would like some help on how to accentuate/accompany/play lead over a chord progression either alone or with others.
Thanks.
Getting really excited about this.
Bill

TGNeil

Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi Gang,

I updated the schedule a bit at the top of this thread. Nothing big but just a little fine tuning. Dave and Doug's classes will cover a couple different topics, depending on the group's interest, and they will be available at the Breakout Sessions for smaller groups and individual attention.

Saturday morning might even become a little "Videobooth" type workshop to create your own videos.
We may extend the Master Class into Saturday afternoon if we didn't get to everybody.

We hope to be flexible enough to accommodate suggestions from everybody there on the fly as well.

More to come...

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic