Twenty One - we legal yet??

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
wiley

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:35 am

I know I have as of yet to do the 'introduction' thing for Larry - really just waiting to get the Gibson back from the tech. It's never been set up or adjusted or really touched except for the rare twist on the truss rod, even then it usually went back to the original setting. But it's 22 years old and was getting a bit low. We set it up to specs and found it was too low by half of the normal tolerances at the first fret - SO - A new vintage bone nut, saddle and repairing the ages ago defunct piezo undersaddle pickup and system, a good solid setup and crown/polish the frets and, if it's done in time, it'll be in that 'suitcase' instead of the Tacoma this year.

To dig a bit further, 21 days - and counting!!

As for rides, here's what I have - I think;

Bart - (familyman4) - driving in from Phoenix

Andy - (benfeild) - arrives on Monday the 15th

Jason - (MusicJunkie) - driving up Tuesday to pick up Rick at SJC
Rick - (BigBear) - arrives SJC on Tuesday the 16th

Wednesday - SFO (San Fransisco) Arrivals;

Bob - (BobR) - 10:00am
Dennis - (SilverEagles) - 10:53am
Jeff - (jcrocket) - 10:53am
Lynn - (AuntLynnie) - 11:40am

Wednesday - SJC (SanJose) Arrivals

Pete - (ptraeger) - 1:15pm
Ron - (rbinding) - 1:35pm
Bill - (leeson) - 2:15pm
Dan - (wrench) - 2:15pm
Wiley - (wiley) - 2:20pm

That's everyone I can find that has either posted on the T-90 thread or I have been in contact with via e-mail.

Looks like everyone coming out of SFO is taken care of -

As for us SJC folk:
Looks like Pete and Ron fit -
I know Dan and I have made final plans, now for Bill, I know at one time he was hitching with Jason and Rick - is that still on or, if need be or just flat easier - would Bill like to meet up with Dan and I?
I will have a duffle bag, a backpack and my iSeries case, should be plenty of room either using the trunk or even part of the back seat if need be for three.

As for getting back - I know Jason had loads of room last year and I'll be headed back around the same time, or when need be......

Music Junkie

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:47 am

Great re-cap Wiley. Can't wait to see you again.

I would just need airline and arrival time and we can pick up anybody that does not have a ride yet. If I remember correctly, we can't get up to the Quaker Center too early anyway, and it is only about 45 to an hour away form the airport.

For anyone who is driving, be prepared for the sneaky entrance of the main road, and the parking situation, which won't be too bad for those not driving tanks like myself... :P

leeson

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:26 am

Nice Wiley.

I am happy to ride with Jason and Rick or with you and Dan. I will also have my guitar, a back pack and a small duffle.

Bill

wiley

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:58 am

However it works out is fine by me. As Jason stated, the early arrival time at the Quaker Center is 4:30pm, and if memory serves it's about 45 minutes to drive there. Add in the shuttle and the hassle (as always) at the rental desk, and an arrival time of 2:20 puts us there perchance a tad early.

As to 'parking' - if memory serves, I believe we have the entire center this year so the parking situation of last year should be a thing of the past? Maybe Neil can chime in on this?

Oh yea, add in a side bar of stopping by 'the Beer Store' and we should get there just fine!!

Music Junkie

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm

wiley wrote:
Oh yea, add in a side bar of stopping by 'the Beer Store' and we should get there just fine!!
A must..... ;)

jimbo58

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:59 pm

Can any one give me a lift?
at 10am I will be waiting outside the Sydney, Australia, Opera House, just beside Sydney harbour I don't know how long it will take to get to San Francisco but I know it is about 12000 Klm (app 8000 miles) so bring a cut lunch.

All jokes aside, because of the distance it is just too far, this year at least. But that does not stop me from being green with envy ( which I believe is one of the seven deadly sins) so all I can do is hope there will be regular reports on the forum during the camp, as well as a few video's, that way those of us that just can't make it can be there in spirit and get a little enjoyment during the camp week... please. it would be most appreciated. to those lucky people that are attending....ENJOY.

haoli25

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:45 pm

jimbo58 wrote:
Can any one give me a lift?
at 10am I will be waiting outside the Sydney, Australia, Opera House, just beside Sydney harbour I don't know how long it will take to get to San Francisco but I know it is about 12000 Klm (app 8000 miles) so bring a cut lunch.

All jokes aside, because of the distance it is just too far, this year at least. But that does not stop me from being green with envy ( which I believe is one of the seven deadly sins) so all I can do is hope there will be regular reports on the forum during the camp, as well as a few video's, that way those of us that just can't make it can be there in spirit and get a little enjoyment during the camp week... please. it would be most appreciated. to those lucky people that are attending....ENJOY.

Jimbo, if you have the time, you might check out Tommy Emmanuel's Guitar Camp in Sydney in October. Move quickly, it will sell out FAST.

Bill

edit: I looked it up. Tommy's camp is October 9 - 12 at Collaroy Beach.

auntlynnie

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Hey Wiley,
Thanks for putting this list together, and helping to make sure that everyone is covered for rides.

Jimbo 58, sorry we can't magically transport you.... if we could we'd have tons more here at camp!

Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic