IGC - Things To Bring

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
BigBear

Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:37 am

michelew wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm just popping in to second Bill's well wishes.

I hope all of you going to the IGC have a wonderful time. Actually I really have no doubt that you will. I'm sure just being together with so many guitarist for the duration of the camp will be a thrill. But I'm sure you'll get a heap of info, experience and advice that will help you to become the musos you want to be.

Make the most of every moment. Be sponges, soak it all up, it's a long time between experiences of this type. If you're feeling a bit hesitant about getting up and playing in front of the mic, but you'd like to, my advice is just breathe and go for it. A supportive audience like that is hard to find.

Have fun. Hopefully those of us who can't make it this time will get to see a bit of the fun we're missing out on.

Cheers

Shel
Shel- the only thing that would make it better was if you were there with us!! I.m hoping I don't embarrass myself too badly!

Best! :cheer:

auntlynnie

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:41 am

I'm seconding what BigBear said.
Wish Shel and Bill could join us!
Cheers,
Lynn

michelew

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:00 am

That's nice to hear. :) I do hope to make it to an IGC. Meeting you all would be so much fun all by itself.

Well...there's nothing for it, you'll all just have to have enough fun for Bill and I and everyone else in the community who is a little green-eyed (with envy) at the moment. (Aaahhhh... Mine are naturally like this. :) :P :) :) )

Play your hearts out.

auntlynnie

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:06 pm

Well, in the run up to IGC I have gotten more and more anxious about flying with my guitar.
United has such a bad reputation that I went out and bought a Taylor GSMini.

.... and then today a friend gave me a balalaika. So I'll have fun when I get home, too.

Early flight tomorrow... looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Lynn

davidkey

Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:24 am

wish it wasn't labor day weekend, sacred for family get together!

TGNesh

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:46 am

I'm sorry to hear that David.... Since I'm in the Netherlands, I wouldn't have had a clue about labor day weekend.

Hope you'll have a great weekend with your family instead, there is always IGC 2016. Would be awesome if you would be able to make it then. :)

Ness

davidkey wrote:
wish it wasn't labor day weekend, sacred for family get together!

Music Junkie

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:55 pm

I am actually looking forward to having that extra day off after the camp is over. I usually don't get much sleep while I am there, due to the late nights, and busy days. This time I will have that Monday to catch up on some sleep! ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic