Vanessa in Post IGC Rehab on Sandy's ranch in Hollister CA.

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
tombo1230

Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi Sandy,
sorry to hear about your mishap :( Bad luck all round, putting an end to your fun.

Thankfully you got out of the water before you became shark bate!! If it's not crazy chickens having a go it's rogue surfboards. You pirates live on the edge all right. :P :) :)

Anyway, all joking aside, I hope you have recovered. :) :) Now get writing that song B) :)

Tom N.

sandysue

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks Tom

I'll be sure and start that new song right away. Should I call it something like Shark Bate. I could start it off like that song: MACK THE KNIFE. V1: Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth dear, and it shows them pearly white ........

Hmmmmm that's pretty gory, and maybe more than just a little hint of plagiarism. Guess Im going to have to write my own lyrics. What rhymes with hospital? :) I guess I should have just gone on that hay ride after all. :P

Ms Roy Rogers :)

Hi shel

I think this is one time when the term bloody hell will come in really handy.

schembre

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Like I've been saying for 35 years now: "Bass players have no business surfing!" ;-) Glad you're well enough to joke about it.

tombo1230

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:35 pm

sandysue wrote:
Thanks Tom

I'll be sure and start that new song right away. Should I call it something like Shark Bate. I could start it off like that song: MACK THE KNIFE. V1: Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth dear, and it shows them pearly white ........

Hmmmmm that's pretty gory, and maybe more than just a little hint of plagiarism. Guess Im going to have to write my own lyrics. What rhymes with hospital? :) I guess I should have just gone on that hay ride after all. :P

Ms Roy Rogers :)

'Mac the Knife,' great tune!!! :) The words really paint a shark like picture. :)

On plagiarism, just remember, imitation is the greatest form of flattery. ;) :laugh:

I think it was John Lennon who said, 'there's no harm in borrowing where music is concerned'.

Horse spittal rhymes with hospital :P Try working that into a song. :blink:

The hay ride should have been your first choice Sandy. :)

All that submariner stuff is mighty dangerous, I've spent many an hour underwater in my youth.
(No kidding). :)

At least you came out of your adventure with your sense of humour intact. :)

Tom N.

sandysue

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:15 pm

you're right Bob I had no business surfing, I could have messed up one of my bass playing finger tips. At least it was just my chin. I guess I'd be in trouble if I played the violin or something. Of course looking on the bright side, that bass sound goes really well with scary shark attacks. :)

Tom

How can I write a song when I can't stop laughing. Horse spittle, really? I guess it could work. That one is going to take some thought. On the subject of plagiarism, I've already been disciplined by you tube once this week for copyright infringement, for using that song Ebb tide in my iMovie. I don't know how many times you can be sent to jail in the same week. I'm starting to develop a rap sheet, not to be confused with rap music. Of course I only got blocked in Germany this time. Somebody over there must own that song. As long as it wasn't Scotland its all good. :)

ps. Id like to hear more about that submariner stuff you were referring to. sounds scary :)

tombo1230

Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:19 am

sandysue wrote:
you're right Bob I had no business surfing, I could have messed up one of my bass playing finger tips. At least it was just my chin. I guess I'd be in trouble if I played the violin or something. Of course looking on the bright side, that bass sound goes really well with scary shark attacks. :)

Tom

How can I write a song when I can't stop laughing. Horse spittle, really? I guess it could work. That one is going to take some thought. On the subject of plagiarism, I've already been disciplined by you tube once this week for copyright infringement, for using that song Ebb tide in my iMovie. I don't know how many times you can be sent to jail in the same week. I'm starting to develop a rap sheet, not to be confused with rap music. Of course I only got blocked in Germany this time. Somebody over there must own that song. As long as it wasn't Scotland its all good. :)

ps. Id like to hear more about that submariner stuff you were referring to. sounds scary :)
Wow Sandy,
you really are a crim' :huh: I don't think orange is your colour either :S. If I were you I would head for the hills and hole out in an abandoned mine shaft. At least that's how it goes in the movies right? You could survive on snake sandwitches oh yeh and beans until the coast is clear and for fun you could go in and shoot the town up for amusement. At least that's not as serious as violating You Tubes strict code of fair play. If you thought bunking with your fellow TG'rs was bad, imagine sharing a cell with a heavily tattooed sister who resembled an orangutan :S :laugh: Not pleasant!! :laugh:

On a more serious note and to answer your question: Many years ago I was an amateur scuba diver/Instructor and a friend of mine was going pro and he needed to meet a certain amount of deep dives before being accepted to Scapa Flow training academy, which was the North Sea oil training school in Scotland at the time.

Anyway we were diving at Roseneath in the Clyde, across from the submarine base at Faslane and we could hear a very loud engine noise which seemed very close, so came to the surface and exited the water. One minute later from the shore we witnessed the biggest nuclear submarine break the surface. Suddenly a guy was on deck with a loud hailer and was trying to tell us something, :unsure: we hurriedly jumped into my friends sports car and fled, never looking back. :huh: A bit of an adventure in a Bond sort of way :laugh: No car chase though. :laugh: and no rap sheet thankfully. :) :laugh: A couple of weeks later I was an invited guest at the very same base, through my diving club. I thought better of mentioning my previous encounter with a nuclear sub though. :blush: :)

Tom N.

daryl

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:22 am

What rhymes with hospital? How about:

audible
comical
follicle
logical
obstacle
possible
probable
tropical

I'm sure Michele and Tom will have a million ideas......

tombo1230

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:34 am

daryl wrote:
What rhymes with hospital? How about:

audible
comical
follicle
logical
obstacle
possible
probable
tropical

I'm sure Michele and Tom will have a million ideas......
I think you have just come up with some great ones.

Tom N.

sandysue

Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:44 am

Tom

I love your submarine story. What if they had surfaced just a little closer to you? You might have ended up on deck. Then you would have been the one in Orange with the tattooed cell mate, named something like Bruiser or Fang. It's a good thing that you didn't tell on yourself at the party. I hear tell that handcuffs can be sorta painful and kind of embarrassing.

You're right about the color orange. I prefer pink myself. In regards to the rap sheet, I could hide out for a while, and perhaps get some scary gang member like tattoo, or maybe just stop cheating on you tube. They are such the sphincter police. Don't they know that piracy is the highest form of flattery? :P :P

Hi Daryl

Thank you for your awesome rhyme list for hospital. That could be quit helpful. :)

tombo1230

Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:51 pm

sandysue wrote:
Tom

I love your submarine story. What if they had surfaced just a little closer to you? You might have ended up on deck. Then you would have been the one in Orange with the tattooed cell mate, named something like Bruiser or Fang. It's a good thing that you didn't tell on yourself at the party. I hear tell that handcuffs can be sorta painful and kind of embarrassing.

You're right about the color orange. I prefer pink myself. In regards to the rap sheet, I could hide out for a while, and perhaps get some scary gang member like tattoo, or maybe just stop cheating on you tube. They are such the sphincter police. Don't they know that piracy is the highest form of flattery? :P :P
We were out of the water before they surfaced as the sound was pretty loud from their engines, so no worries. More glad we didn't get chopped up by their props or whatever they had propelling them.

it wasn't a party but an official visit. We were taken into a recompression chamber and pressurised down to about 200 feet depth, where we all spoke like Donald Duck and felt drunk because of oxygen narcosis. A fine way to spend the evening. :)

Handcuffs aren't fashionable and weren't back then either. A night with bruiser wouldn't be too cool, so a lucky escape for sure. :)

It looks like your pirating days may be numbered Sandy.....All good things must come to an end. :laugh:

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic