My needs, goals and rules for this years camp. Dan, Jason - Listen up!

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
wiley

Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:25 am

Rule #1 - No Beer/Wine/Hot Damn/followed with Tequila with Dave - not gonna happen!
*NOTE to everyone - Dave cheated, he didn't have to be anywhere the next morning until 10:30! Of course, that was less than 6 hours after we quit for that night? Or did we quit?

Rule #2 - I will bathe sometime during camp. Regardless the facilities, I will bathe.

Rule #3 - I will not overeat, at best not every meal.

Rule #4 - I will find the courage to remember a song to play with Cory da Cat.

Rule #5 - I will.............

Enough Rules! I hate rules anyways, who needs 'em? I was made for Cracking Codes!!

Needs and Goals - simple -

This is where Dan and Jason come in, you guys are going to be a part of our 'group' night, the three of us. Better get to figuring out what we are going to play (I chose for Jason and I last year) so it's up to you guys. I can guarantee I will need the extra practice (especially if I'm going to sing - you know how lyrics just mess with me). My wife will be there yet she's used to seeing me do silly things, and she knows all about my memory - claims it's 'selective' at times. Imagine that! Kind of like my hearing?

In all honesty, I still have not firmed my dates in and out yet. I will be there, that's for sure! Donna (she flies in Saturday) and I are thinking of staying around and maybe heading to Tahoe that next weekend or sooner, doing a wine tour, and such.

And just for Shel - open a piano, any piano. See how the fat strings are long and the skinny ones short? - Kinda the same 'theory' behind the 'multi-scale/fan fret' thing. The fact it's 'ergonomic' is just a side effect. There are no 'hard rules' to the extent of the difference in the scale between strings, not one anyone can really pin down. The guitar I ordered has a 3/4 inch difference. 3/8 of an inch on both the nut and the saddle as compared if they were parallel. First 'parallel' (at a 90 degree angle to the board) fret is the fifth.

As for the arm bevel and the 'Demi' cutaway, just for comfort and bling for myself, maybe there's something to it, maybe not. Someone like Dan would be much better at telling that story than I. Looks cool though, don't it?

And 'volume' was the word I was looking for. Martin built the first "Dreadnaught" for exactly that, more volume (room) inside more 'volume/sustain' out.

Perhaps I should go even further and say "songs"?

Anyone else wanna play?

wrench

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:10 pm

Rules at camp. That's funny.

I'm all in on the trio, though. So what's the tune Jason?

crieniecat

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:51 am

....Wiley my dear friend.... :-)
Was there Tequila involved....? You writing about rules and all...at camp? Lol

Good idea though! We need some rules just to be able to break them right?!

Looking forward! :-) :-)

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:31 am

Rules!.... Ha, we don't need no stinkin' rules.....

Well, maybe a few would do us good. ;)

As far as a song goes, you guys need to decide if we are going for classy, or something else.

wiley

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:46 am

Dan, hopefully the new Avain will be here in time.....Bring your tools!

As for 'the trio' - I lean towards Jason and YOU choosing a song - it's a trio - don't we get three spots at least? Well - do we not Ness?

So yea, Jason - what's your idea of 'something else' then??

Cat - give me a hint what we are gonna play*? I owe you from last year - just went blank!

*_House of the something or other perhaps?

**By the time we got around to the Tequila I'm not exactly sure that it was Tequila! I do remember not finding the Margarita mix! That stuff only waters down good Tequila anyways!

I do know this, as I sat there that next morning, missing the first half of my first session, I got to try and eat some breakfast and listen to you and Ness, and watch Neil sneak in and video his daughter (sorry, name draws a blank - I know who she is when I see her) - as she played the piano and sang! Well worth a hangover!!

Code was made for Cracking - Rules were meant for Breaking!

Yea - Me and rules - strange mix huh! Kinda like oil and water.

wiley

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:52 am

Or Tequila and Hot Damn!

TGNesh

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:53 pm

:laugh: :laugh: You are too funny, haha! Boys and alcohol! :laugh:

And yes, of cóurse you can perform as a trio, all good for sure. If there is another cajon again, I'll be happy to add some rhythm there too! ;)

Neil's daughter, Rebecca of course. See? Too much alcohol! :laugh: :laugh:

wiley wrote:

As for 'the trio' - I lean towards Jason and YOU choosing a song - it's a trio - don't we get three spots at least? Well - do we not Ness?

I do know this, as I sat there that next morning, missing the first half of my first session, I got to try and eat some breakfast and listen to you and Ness, and watch Neil sneak in and video his daughter (sorry, name draws a blank - I know who she is when I see her) - as she played the piano and sang! Well worth a hangover!!

crieniecat

Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:50 pm

Cat here:

Hahahah! You crack me up!
"House of the.... whatever?" :silly: Lolol I know we did that late night (or was it morning already? :ohmy: )
It was a combination of breaking rules and adding new ones;

"ssst, we need to be a little bit quiet, it's after ten!"
"Eeh.... it'll be ten again soon enough...."

Ehrrrm...we did our best right?? :P
With fire ball, tequila and whatever being served there, you deserve a medal for even showing up at breakfast!
Was it that morning we made a "selfie" together for Facebook?
We looked fresh and stunning...we did, didn't we? hehehehhe :silly:

Maybe we can do " You are always on my mind" - Willy Nelson?
I'd love to hear you sing that, it suits your voice very well....

wiley wrote:
Dan, hopefully the new Avain will be here in time.....Bring your tools!

Cat - give me a hint what we are gonna play*? I owe you from last year - just went blank!

*_House of the something or other perhaps?

**By the time we got around to the Tequila I'm not exactly sure that it was Tequila! I do remember not finding the Margarita mix! That stuff only waters down good Tequila anyways!

Code was made for Cracking - Rules were meant for Breaking!

Yea - Me and rules - strange mix huh! Kinda like oil and water.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic