Planning for weather, temperature, etc

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
auntlynnie

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:08 am

Hello all,
I'm thinking about what to bring (aside from several Hawaiian shirts) and wondering about temperatures at the new venue.
Last year it could get quite chilly up in the trees, but I don't know about the new place.
Lynn

wiley

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:46 am

Lynn,

From looking up the monthly forecast it seems to be an average high of 84, low of 54.

We are still hitting triple digit highs and 84 as our lows!

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:24 am

Lynn,

It has been nice here in California. This is a snapshot of the 10-day forecast for Los Gatos, which is where the Presentation Center is.... ;)

sandysue

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:49 am

Hi Lynn, Wiley and Jason

Over this past weekend, the temperature got over a 100 degree's in some places in the bay area, including Hollister, but that's not usually the norm. Presentation center is not all that far from The quaker center so the weather should be about the same, warm during the day and a little cool at night. I would bring a jacket just in case. Remember that it even rained a little bit at the first IGC. And it hasn't rained since :side: :S . Well maybe a little. :(

Sandy

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:28 am

sandysue wrote:
Hi Lynn, Wiley and Jason

Over this past weekend, the temperature got over a 100 degree's in some places in the bay area, including Hollister, but that's not usually the norm. Presentation center is not all that far from The quaker center so the weather should be about the same, warm during the day and a little cool at night. I would bring a jacket just in case. Remember that it even rained a little bit at the first IGC. And it hasn't rained since :side: :S . Well maybe a little. :(

Sandy
Remember a pillow and blanket too, Sandy... It will be much more comfortable when you fall asleep on the couch... :P :P :P

Can't wait to see you guys.

J

auntlynnie

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Hey thanks, everyone,
I think I'll bring my old standby zipper sweatshirt for the chilly evenings - it always seems to get cool at night in California.
:)
Lynn

jayswett

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:30 pm

This raises a good question. Should we bring sheets, pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, towels? Not really sure what we will need.

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:02 pm

jayswett wrote:
This raises a good question. Should we bring sheets, pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, towels? Not really sure what we will need.
Jay:

If it is anything like the Quaker Center, you won't need sheets, blankets or sleeping bags. They had pillows, but your own will probably be more comfortable. They also provided a towel, but and extra one is always helpful. A coffee mug or water bottle is nice too.

I am sure there will be some info coming in the next few days about things like that.

bobabraham19

Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:22 pm

What about WiFi? Has anyone heard if it will be available?

TGNeil

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:47 am

Music Junkie wrote:
jayswett wrote:
Jay:

If it is anything like the Quaker Center, you won't need sheets, blankets or sleeping bags. They had pillows, but your own will probably be more comfortable. They also provided a towel, but and extra one is always helpful. A coffee mug or water bottle is nice too.

I am sure there will be some info coming in the next few days about things like that.
No sheets or bedding needed unless you have special stuff. Towels provided, along with ones at the pool, although bringing one of your own is never a bad idea.
Will check on wi-fi later today.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic