IGC 2015 Impressions

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
sandysue

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:06 am

I just re-read my first post on this thread. Wow, I was sounding like a pretty serious character that day. That just reminded me of what an emotional experience IGC was. Open mic really made me feel a little bit terrified at first, well actually a lot terrified, followed by elation, or maybe just relief, as i walked off the stage, of course followed by performers remorse shortly there after. :)

I'm so glad there were so many fun friends to hang out with,. They really helped me keep my sense of humor intact. Such a great group or people came to camp this year, and also in the past 2 years. Maybe it's something about being a guitarist, or maybe it's the music, or most likely just the people themselves.

And David, now that I know that you can read, I promise not to gossip about you anymore, at least not on the forum. :P

Sandy

BobR

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:40 pm

IGC3 Impressions

Well this is my second time around and I think due to a new venue it made it a bit different than last year, but it was full of fun and learning and that is what I really signed up for.
The classes were great as were all of the teachers Neil, Vanessa, Dave, Doug and let me not forget Jim. They are all exceptional in what they do and they are so warm and freindly.
The whole experience started with Nani giving us our roomate assignments and from there it is all guitar. All the open mics were great and the music at meals were cool. (The 3 meals a day were great too)
Maybe next time I wont drive everyone away :laugh: The colloaborations this year were also great, I was just hoping I could remember the words without a cheatsheet :ohmy:

So I am back to work today 9/9/15( I took off yesterday to get a bit of sleep since we didn't get much at camp :laugh: ) Everyone I speak to ask how camp was and I can't stop
talking about what an awesome time I had and this happened and that and .... until they slip away. :P

All kidding aside, I had the best time ever meeting new friends and rekindling freindships with the old ones.

Thanks Neil, Nani, Vanessa, Corina, Dave, Doug, Jim and all my new and old friends. I hope I didn't leave any one out

Bob

michelew

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:40 pm

sandysue wrote:
I just re-read my first post on this thread. Wow, I was sounding like a pretty serious character that day. That just reminded me of what an emotional experience IGC was. Open mic really made me feel a little bit terrified at first, well actually a lot terrified, followed by elation, or maybe just relief, as i walked off the stage, of course followed by performers remorse shortly there after. :)

I'm so glad there were so many fun friends to hang out with,. They really helped me keep my sense of humor intact. Such a great group or people came to camp this year, and also in the past 2 years. Maybe it's something about being a guitarist, or maybe it's the music, or most likely just the people themselves.

And David, now that I know that you can read, I promise not to gossip about you anymore, at least not on the forum. :P

Sandy
Hey Sandy,

I didn't read your post as too serious. My impression of your experience of camp was that you were blown away by the talent; the teaching talent, the musical talent. Maybe you were seriously blown away by the talent. :)

And David, I ain't makin' any promises. :P

Chasplaya

Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:53 pm

My expectation was that, I was going to be green with envy.... Check! One day...

TGNeil

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
My expectation was that, I was going to be green with envy.... Check! One day...
Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel, but you didn't hear it from me.

Anon

fjeanmur

Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:03 am

Chasplaya wrote:
My thoughts exactly . . . Green with envy. Oh well . . . Maybe one of these years as my schedule lightens up. I'm so glad to hear that everyone had such a great experience.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic