IGC Europe Anyone?

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
TGNeil

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:37 pm

fjeanmur wrote:
Tempting, tempting tempting.
Hi Jean,

Good to see you jump in here. I knew those would be better dates for you was hoping you'd consider joining us!

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Well, this seems like the perfect place to do the Euro IGC..... John Renbourn was there doing a camp last year and I just happened to be in the area and checked it out... fabulous place! So, tell me where it is...?

Image Image

michelew

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Oh the fjord is a dead give away. Iceland right!?!

You don't see Icelandic bougainvillea much anymore. Nice find. :) ;) :P

wrsomers

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:54 pm

My guess would be Crete. The Bouganinvillea and the architecture are the dead give aways.

Bill

michelew

Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:24 pm

So the Icelandic Bouganvillea is just is a plant, a rouse, a sneaky trick to put us off the identity of the real location. VERY sneaky Chris!

Looks like a slice of paradise to me.

TGNeil

Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:56 pm

wrsomers wrote:
My guess would be Crete. The Bouganinvillea and the architecture are the dead give aways.

Bill
Congratulations Bill! You just won an all expenses paid trip to IGC Europe 2016, or your closest airport should you decide to join us in Crete, whichever costs us less. Chris talked us into it and we will have more of the details very soon. You already have the dates, July 26-31 2016. Whose calendars are open???

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:29 am

You guys are way too smart! Bill, you know your botany and I'm sure Shel does know her botany from her Aspidistras and was just keeping the fun going a bit :-). So, yeah, south Crete near Plakias at a snug little cove below Rodakino. I just returned from an undercover mission to reconnoitre the possibility of a Euro ICG there. Video will follow. So, anyone up for sun, guitars, iced Ouzos and late night sessions at the beach? Image Image

Here testing the acoustics in the Breakfast room where sessions or open mic can beheld (if not outside at the taverna, beach or in the olive grove...). Surprise! Its a Moody Blues song :laugh:

TGNesh

Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:48 am

Oh my.......it all looks fabulous!!!!! :woohoo:

Awesome Chris, what a great place you've found! :cheer:

wrsomers

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:05 am

Oh, darn! I'm booked to play on tour with James Taylor on those dates. :laugh: :laugh:

TGNeil wrote:
wrsomers wrote:

Bill
Congratulations Bill! You just won an all expenses paid trip to IGC Europe 2016, or your closest airport should you decide to join us in Crete, whichever costs us less. Chris talked us into it and we will have more of the details very soon. You already have the dates, July 26-31 2016. Whose calendars are open???

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Yep, its pretty awesome Ness! Quite a coincidence in summer to find myself right next door to where John Renbourn had done a camp the year before as TG was pondering the idea of an Euro IGC! So another little trip back there this week was even more exciting, finding out all the bits of info needed and checking things out.

Bill, JT will be on Crete too at that time, if he has any sense! :-) Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic