IGC 2015 Saturday Night - Killing Me Softly, Superstar and This Masquerade

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
TGNeil

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Following Vanessa and Corina's couple songs we had Neil and then Dave Nachmanoff join them for a few tunes. Neil and the girls did Killing Me Softly and Superstar then Dave came up for This Masquerade. There were quite a few stories in this segment as well.

willem

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:32 pm

What a great playing and singin,,, big bow (nose on the ground)☆☆☆☆☆

crieniecat

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:09 am

Willem, you just made my day a lot happier .... thank you so much! :kiss:

Corina :blush: :cheer:

TGNesh

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:06 am

Many thanks Willem! :cheer:

I have to say, watching these videos makes me hear more clearly what Neil is doing. The accompaniment is just só beautiful, fits the songs just perfectly. Awesomely played Dad! :P :cheer:

No I'm serious, just gorgeous. :)

wrsomers

Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:10 pm

Neil, Corina, Vanessa and Dave,
I've waited this long to comment on this video because I wanted to listen several times to all of them from IGC 2015. Although they were all terrific, this one is definitely my favorite. The guitar work was perfect. Dave, your solo on Masquerade was awesome. Neil, your accompaniments were absolutely beautiful and just the right compliment to Corina's and Vanessa's singing. Corina, you always sing wonderfully but you outdid yourself this time. I loved it!. Vanessa, the harmonies were just right. I loved the way you used the mic to get just the right balance. To all four of you...thanks for the great entertainment.

Bill

TGNesh

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:35 am

Thank you very much Bill, for your generous and kind comment! Performing together like this was such a joy as you can imagine, very glad that you liked the entertainment. :)

I very much appreciate that you've noticed the 'mic-management', since it's the main thing that I in general pay attention to when playing/singing with others (no matter what I play/sing, or what role I have), that we all complement the whole thing. My father used to engrain that in my head, 'you (and the others) need to complement each other and it needs to fit the song'. (In other words: LISTEN to each other!!!!! ;)) I still believe that it's his best advice ever.

In any way, many thanks again Bill!

Ness

wrsomers wrote:
Neil, Corina, Vanessa and Dave,
I've waited this long to comment on this video because I wanted to listen several times to all of them from IGC 2015. Although they were all terrific, this one is definitely my favorite. The guitar work was perfect. Dave, your solo on Masquerade was awesome. Neil, your accompaniments were absolutely beautiful and just the right compliment to Corina's and Vanessa's singing. Corina, you always sing wonderfully but you outdid yourself this time. I loved it!. Vanessa, the harmonies were just right. I loved the way you used the mic to get just the right balance. To all four of you...thanks for the great entertainment.

Bill

davidrfinn99165

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:11 pm

I have to agree with everything Bill just said... for me Superstar in the middle of this set is an absolute highlight.. great guitar, vocals and harmonies.

And Ness and Corina.. you are both smiling throughout this group of songs.. great fun to see !

/ david

TGNesh

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:41 pm

Many thanks David!

Watching those videos back, I actually did realize that I'm smiling a LOT!! :laugh: :) Well must have been the fun, right?! ;)

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
I have to agree with everything Bill just said... for me Superstar in the middle of this set is an absolute highlight.. great guitar, vocals and harmonies.

And Ness and Corina.. you are both smiling throughout this group of songs.. great fun to see !

/ david

crieniecat

Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Well thank you Bill and David, Im a bit speechless, such nice comments!
Thank you both, really... It means a lot and I really appreciate it :blush: :kiss:

Corina :P

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:15 pm

That was wonderful guys and girls, first class and soooo easy to listen to on a cold, dark November night letting some of the summer sun creep into the room and warm things up nicely....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic