IGC 2016 here I come!!!! Who else is going?

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
TGNeil

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:43 pm

w0rk0ut50537 wrote:
I'm new to this site so apologies if this isn't the correct place to post and if it isn't any direction of where to ask this question would be appreciated.

I live in Santa Cruz and was wondering if there is an option to not stay at the Performance Center but to commute while attending the IGC?

If so, is there a reduction in the course fee and if so, what is the cost?

If not, how can i verify if there are private rooms available prior to registering?

For that matter is there still space available?

Thanks,
Hi and thanks for the questions. Right now there is 1 spot left and I am pretty sure all the private rooms are gone, from the ones we blocked out. They may have more available in a different building but would probably be at a slightly higher rate as they are rooms meant for 2. I will look into it soon.
We did talk about considering a rate for day users in the past but due to the demand, we can't really offer a discount for not staying as the day use/meals fee is almost the same as the overnight fee. Also, activities run from breakfast at 8:00 to open mics that end around 10:30, usually followed by a few more hours of random jams, depending on your endurance. Even the drive to Santa Cruz could get difficult.

I hope to have a tentative schedule available soon but we are booking and planning a wide variety of things right now.

Neil

dottmcse85630

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:22 pm

After a few setbacks I finally got signed up!

Dennis

auntlynnie

Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:58 am

Fantastic! Welcome, Dennis!
Lynn

michelew

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:41 am

Yeh! Good one Dennis. :)

wrsomers

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:02 am

dottmcse85630 wrote:
After a few setbacks I finally got signed up!

Dennis
Good going Dennis! We'll see you in August.

Bill

dottmcse85630

Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:02 pm

This rhythmically challenged and highly un-coordinated dolt is very excited to be coming to camp.
I've never had a lesson other than those offered on T.G. and a few on YouTube. Also never have played for anyone, or along with anyone.
So no doubt this will be an exciting learning week for me.

So I am making out my list of "how do I do this" and working on my line "Ahhhh so that is how its done correctly!"
The first on my list:
Whats a BAR chord? (Ha, for Neil) are those the easy chords played after a few drinks?

Planning on bringing my 3 "girls" with me.
Gwendolyn my Taylor 324
Claire my Breedlove Stage Concert
Allison my Martin 12 string

By the way I will be driving up from So. Cal. and am planning on bringing my mini-van so I can offer rides from
San Jose area to camp.

Looking forward to a great week meeting and learning from you all.

Dennis Ott

TGNesh

Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:54 pm

I'm thrilled to hear you signed up Dennis! :cheer:

Indeed, you're in for an exciting week for sure! Lots of new experiences, I hope you'll have some time off after camp, to process it all. :P

See you in less than 8 months!! :woohoo:

Ness

dottmcse85630 wrote:
This rhythmically challenged and highly un-coordinated dolt is very excited to be coming to camp.
I've never had a lesson other than those offered on T.G. and a few on YouTube. Also never have played for anyone, or along with anyone.
So no doubt this will be an exciting learning week for me.

So I am making out my list of "how do I do this" and working on my line "Ahhhh so that is how its done correctly!"
The first on my list:
Whats a BAR chord? (Ha, for Neil) are those the easy chords played after a few drinks?

Planning on bringing my 3 "girls" with me.
Gwendolyn my Taylor 324
Claire my Breedlove Stage Concert
Allison my Martin 12 string

By the way I will be driving up from So. Cal. and am planning on bringing my mini-van so I can offer rides from
San Jose area to camp.

Looking forward to a great week meeting and learning from you all.

Dennis Ott

wrsomers

Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi Gang,
Speaking of rides for IGC. I'm flying into SFO on Monday 8/29/16, landing at 11:45 AM. I hope I can get a ride to the Presentation Center. If I don't I'll have to use public transportation. That will determine what guitar/guitars I bring with me. If I don't get a ride, I'll have to settle for my GS Mini. I'd really like to bring my Martin D28, but won't if I can't get a ride. Is anyone able to give me a ride from SFO on 8/29 and back to SFO on 9/2?

Bill

BobR

Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:50 am

wrsomers wrote:
Hi Gang,
Speaking of rides for IGC. I'm flying into SFO on Monday 8/29/16, landing at 11:45 AM. I hope I can get a ride to the Presentation Center. If I don't I'll have to use public transportation. That will determine what guitar/guitars I bring with me. If I don't get a ride, I'll have to settle for my GS Mini. I'd really like to bring my Martin D28, but won't if I can't get a ride. Is anyone able to give me a ride from SFO on 8/29 and back to SFO on 9/2?

Bill
Hi Bill,
I am flying to SFO on United arriving at 11:28. I will be renting a car and your more than welcome to share a ride. I leave from SFO on 9/2 also. I have a 1:36 PM Flight if that works for you.

Bob

wrsomers

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:52 am

BobR wrote:
wrsomers wrote:
Hi Gang,

Bill
Hi Bill,
I am flying to SFO on United arriving at 11:28. I will be renting a car and your more than welcome to share a ride. I leave from SFO on 9/2 also. I have a 1:36 PM Flight if that works for you.

Bob
Hi Bob,
That's perfect! My return flight departs at 12:45 PM. So if you don't mind getting to the airport a little early on 9/2 that should work out very well. I would be happy to split the cost of the rental with you. I will PM you with my cell number, flight numbers etc. so we can hook up.
Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic