Attendance Without Room?

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
TGNeil

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:49 pm

w0rk0ut50537 wrote:
I'm new to this site so apologies if this isn't the correct place to post and if it isn't any direction of where to ask this question would be appreciated.

I live in Santa Cruz and was wondering if there is an option to not stay at the Performance Center but to commute while attending the IGC?

If so, is there a reduction in the course fee and if so, what is the cost?

If not, how can i verify if there are private rooms available prior to registering?

For that matter is there still space available?

Thanks,

Hi and thanks for the questions. Right now there is 1 spot left and I am pretty sure all the private rooms are gone, from the ones we blocked out. They may have more available in a different building but would probably be at a slightly higher rate as they are rooms meant for 2. I will look into it soon.
We did talk about considering a rate for day users in the past but due to the demand, we can't really offer a discount for not staying as the day use/meals fee is almost the same as the overnight fee. Also, activities run from breakfast at 8:00 to open mics that end around 10:30, usually followed by a few more hours of random jams, depending on your endurance. Even the drive to Santa Cruz could get difficult.

I hope to have a tentative schedule available soon but we are booking and planning a wide variety of things right now.

Neil