IGC 2016 testimonial - rave, novel

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
jcrocket

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Michele, it was great to finally meet you at camp this year, and we're all hoping you can make it back. Thanks so much for posting your review (and for your kind words as well). You did a great job of describing the atmosphere at camp and the various activities. I think most of us were walking around with grins on our faces - "sleepless and smiling" pretty much sums up how the week felt to me.

Jeff

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Sleeplessly Smiling in CA.....there's gotta be a song in there somewhere! Great to read your novel Shel. Between your account and Corina's messages, I almost felt i was there too! One day, over the rainbow.....

michelew

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:56 pm

I wish you had been there Chris ... one day ... let's hope that one day we're able to meet in person.

You would have had a FANTASTIC time at camp, especially given all of the songs you have in your memory banks.

We missed you. :(

M

michelew

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:58 pm

jcrocket wrote:
Michele, it was great to finally meet you at camp this year, and we're all hoping you can make it back. Thanks so much for posting your review (and for your kind words as well). You did a great job of describing the atmosphere at camp and the various activities. I think most of us were walking around with grins on our faces - "sleepless and smiling" pretty much sums up how the week felt to me.

Jeff
Sleepless and smiling indeed. That in itself is a good summary. :)

tjwatson10167

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks Michelle,

Great novel there. So wish I could have gotten to know you a bit better at IGC. Thanks for your encouraging words. Hope to see you and play some music with you sooner...than later.

Thanks,

Ted

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:57 am

Sleeplessly Smiling in CA, that has to be a song title right there. Nice read Shel. I can imagine it all almost as if I were there.... some day, over the rainbow....

BobR

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:21 am

Hi Michele,

I just finished reading your novel. :laugh: You have summed it up perfectly.

It was so great to finally meet you in person and i am so glad you had so much fun.

Bob

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Hey Michele

Great novel !

It''s a long way to travel from down under, but your account of the 2016 IGC makes
it sound worth every mile.

It must be easy to miss some activities when your in cloud nine !

When you go again :ohmy: What would you not miss second time round ?

Thanks for sharing your experience, nerves and all !

Cheers

Dermot

michelew

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Worth every mile from the U.K. too I'm sure.

What wouldn't I want to miss?.... gosh that's a good question. Well there's nothing that I did do that I'd want to miss. It was all great. But I'd want to ... take more advantage of having such great teachers there on hand for advice (I'll be prepare with a list of questions next time), talk more to people, collaborate more, have more courage and play more at the jams, play a set during one of the meals, and laugh as much as I did. :)

I guess ... I'd just have to give up on the whole sleeping thing. :)

michelew

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:39 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi Michele,

I just finished reading your novel. :laugh: You have summed it up perfectly.

It was so great to finally meet you in person and i am so glad you had so much fun.

Bob
It was great chatting to you Bob. You're such a nice guy. I still remember the enormous grin that you had on your face the whole time too. I enjoyed your performances.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic