IGC 2016/Brief report and some footage

TG started our International Guitar Camp in 2013 and now are hosting two each year, our Spring Camp at the end of April and our Fall Camp in early September.
TGNesh

Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 am

Hi TG-ers!

I've been back for a couple of weeks now and it took me quite a bit of time to 'recover' from camp and my trip to California. :ohmy: :) I've actually posted lots of pictures (and a few vids) at facebook, so you could look me up over there. https://www.facebook.com/gitaarlerenspe ... nref=story

Besides camp, it's of course a great opportunity for me to spend some down time as well. So prior to camp I visited my family who live in Los Altos (20 minutes away from TG-Central). I also spend a couple of lovely days in Seattle with TG-Dennis, Michele and Suzi. How awesome it was to get together after many years of skyping and to meet in person for real. :cheer: Of course I had already met Suzi four years ago. :)

It's not so easy for me to write down a report on camp, since i experience it in quite a different way. Most important to me is of course, that everybody had a great time and I think camp indeed accomplished that. :cheer:

A highlight for me in general is performing. This one, backed up with Dave during/after dinner, was right before we started the last open mic that same evening. Especially the second one (we did two songs) shows how much I truly enjoy performing, actually the ending really shows it. I always tell my students to END a song SPOT ON. So when you're playing with others and you haven't rehearsed, like Dave and hadn't, you gotta watch body language! :laugh: Well it worked in both videos songs I guess! :cheer:

And while I'm at it, Dennis, Shel and I also attended an open mic in Seattle. I had much much fun during that one too!! :woohoo:

Craig

Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Vanessa,

Thank you for sharing those videos with us. It's great for us that didn't attend camp to get to see you perform. Your enthusiasm and the amount of fun you are having really shows through! Very cool!

Craig

P.S. Did Michele, Suzi, and/or Dennis do the open mic?

michelew

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Ness it was great watching these again. Gosh you're a great performer.

You absolutely had everyone having fun at the Seattle Open mic. It was so good to be there to experience that. You had the joint rockin' and singing along. What people didn't see was the compare trying to get you to do more songs. Everyone else was only allowed to do two. But for you they couldn't get enough.

michelew

Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:00 pm

Craig wrote:
Vanessa,

Thank you for sharing those videos with us. It's great for us that didn't attend camp to get to see you perform. Your enthusiasm and the amount of fun you are having really shows through! Very cool!

Craig

P.S. Did Michele, Suzi, and/or Dennis do the open mic?
Craig,

Dennis and I both got up too. Dennis's set was before Ness. Mine ... was directly after ...

Can you imagine having to follow Ness at an open mic? :)

I had a bunch of lessons learned here. But I've transferred it to a new thread so I'm not pirating Ness's thread. :)

Ness - I'll be a happy puppy if I can perform half as well as you one day.

Craig

Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:28 am

That's awesome Michele! Congratulations! What a huge step, I'm so happy for you.

Craig

schembre

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:35 am

Well I'm a little behind the curve in getting my two cents in, but I just got a copy of an open mic video to share. I've always said my highlights at camp is getting to play with everyone & anyone - there's a bonding and camaraderie that can't be explained when you play the guitar with folks in front of other folks. Anyway, after X years, I finally nailed down Jeff Cohen to play a Beatles song with me, and typical of the IGC schedule we were so busy with multiple projects and commitments, I think our practice was shortened to "lets talk about the song" before we go up! Thank you everyone for another great experience, and here's me and Jeff (finally)

Regards,
Bob Schembre

wrsomers

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:52 am

Bob and Jeff,
That was worth waiting for. Great guitar work! I can't wait to see and play with you guys in August.
Bill

PS. I've been wondering when we're going to see more of the videos shot at IGC 2016????

schembre

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Bill, thanks for the kind words. I'm still on the fence for August. Regarding videos, Larry has just started editing his huge batch, and because I was a squeaky wheel, I got one. Still many more to follow.

Regards,
Bob

davidrfinn99165

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Ah it is Larry's video then?? (Which you decided we needed to see early?? ). i thought you maybe had recorded your own and the camera was on your foot !

Good stuff guys ! :)

spinland

Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Great seeing this stuff! So, you're saying my own suckage this August might become immortal thanks to the magic of digital video? I shudder for our progeny. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic