IGC 2017 Collaborations

TG started our International Guitar Camp in 2013 and now are hosting two each year, our Spring Camp at the end of April and our Fall Camp in early September.
dottmcse85630

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Just curious about the camp collaboration sets, not necessarily the original creations but the "covers" done by groups.
Are there guidelines, auditions held, membership fees to join a "group", band arguments, revenue sharing, hiring and firing managers?
If there are funny costumes involved I'm in!

Seriously, are these just ad-hoc at camp?
How does one join in?

Dennis

daryl

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi Dennis, I could be wrong but I think the "groups" are quite hard to get in to. I think you need 3 references, and 4 audition tapes. Then you have to perform live in front of the judges and then they have a secret ballot. You will receive a certified/registered letter informing you whether you've been accepted or not. I'm sure others will clarify if I'm wrong. Good luck!

fjeanmur

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:22 pm

daryl wrote:
Hi Dennis, I could be wrong but I think the "groups" are quite hard to get in to. I think you need 3 references, and 4 audition tapes. Then you have to perform live in front of the judges and then they have a secret ballot. You will receive a certified/registered letter informing you whether you've been accepted or not. I'm sure others will clarify if I'm wrong. Good luck!
And if you see the judges pulling out the earplugs, just slink away because you know you're done! :laugh: :laugh:

fjeanmur

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:22 pm

daryl wrote:
And if you see the judges pulling out the earplugs, just slink away because you know you're done! :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding, of course. You want to work on something together?

dottmcse85630

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:32 pm

I kinda figured I would need to come up with some $$ to grease the wheels.

Sure I am interested.

Dennis

TGNesh

Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:45 am

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

daryl wrote:

spinland

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:58 am

Tough room! :blink:

Music Junkie

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:54 pm

Collaborations sprout up like crazy, so plan ahead and keep open time for new ones. :)

There really are some wonderful people that go to camp every year. You will learn new songs, remember old songs you had forgotten about, and come away wanting to play more and more. It truly is what you make of it. B)

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic