IGC 2017 Post Mortem

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
spinland

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Is it presumptuous of me to start this thread before the staff sets something up? Please tell me it is because, next to drinking good single malt from the skulls of my enemies, breaking conventions is right up there among my favorite things to do.

ZOMG. I had so much fun, learned so much, made so many heart-deep connections...next to irreconcilable scheduling conflicts and insane air fares why, exactly does anyone not see coming to Camp as a seminal event of the year? I confess I cannot grok that mindset.

I am already counting down to the next one. Also, I started a fun conversation with a fellow subversive (sorry, Lynn, I forget whether you've bribed the right people to allow your name to go public) for a Blues-centric interest group. Please please please sing out (see what I did there?) if you think you might like to hang out with us afficionados of existential despair. Thing is, we're still grinning and drinking.

Woo hoo! :side:

wrsomers

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:18 pm

OMG! (ZOMG???) I know now why I won't be attending next year! I hope everyone had a ball. I guess I'll just satisfy myself by attending (outbound link detected). It's a lot closer to home. No offence Mark (grok that! whatever the hell that means). Peace out.
Bill

PS. Just Googled ZOMG and Grok. I guess I'm not a wannabe teenager so I didn't understand what those "words" mean. I'll just stick to "Wow" and "I understand" They seem to fit my age, maturity, and place in time so much better.

spinland

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:20 pm

wrsomers wrote:
OMG! (ZMOG???) I know now why I won't be attending next year! I hope everyone had a ball. I guess I'll just satisfy myself by attending (outbound link detected). It's a lot closer to home. No offence Mark (grok that! whatever the hell that means). Peace out.
Bill

PS. Just Googled ZMOG and Grok. I guess I'm not a wannabe teenager so I didn't understand what those "words" mean. I'll just stick to "Wow" and "I understand" They seem to fit my age, maturity, and place in time so much better.
Heh. It's all good, Bill. I leverage a lot of the current Zeitgeist in my written words and that can be a mixed bag.

Missed you. Your sage advice concerning Martin Retro 11 strings, well, literally rang true. I talked up your helping me find the right acoustic setup to anyone who would listen.

Totally get how life dictates what we can do but hope to meet you in person at some future IGC.

Mark

michelew

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:24 pm

Hey Mark,

It's great to hear that you had a great time. No surprises there of course; even if you hadn't learned a thing the campers I know are great fun just to hang out with, yet alone being able to share your obsessions.

Maybe when you've recovered a litttle, you can give us a camper's report about the things you enjoyed the most. There's a challenge for you. :) and maybe share a couple of photos too if you remembered to take any. ;p

I hope the journey back to earth is a smooth one for you. Next year will come around again before you know it.

Cheers.

M

dottmcse85630

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:44 am

My synopsis of camp. WOW, but it ended so soon.

Dennis

TGNesh

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Very happy to hear you've enjoyed yourself so much Mark!

Congratz on stepping on that nerve wrecking stage several times! Now you only need to get ready for next year. :P Would love to see you there again!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic