IGC 2017 Review #2 with Jim, Vanessa & Corina

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
TGNeil

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi Gang,

A little later on Saturday, August 26, 2018 (as shown by the zebra lighting) Jim Bruno dropped by chatted with the girls and me about some of his thoughts, memories, and upcoming projects.

Neil

7645slug

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Just listened to the video, and wanted to say that the instrument Roy "Future Man" Wooten played for Bela Fleck and the Flecktones was called a Synth-axe Drumitar (I was an early fan). I really enjoyed being part of the "Wagon Wheel" quintet. Jim's energy on bass, just behind me was amazing, Dave's seeming ability to play whatever instrument thrown at him just boggles my mind, Vanessa's wonderful percussion and Jeff's ability to remember, and sing in time, the lyrics to so many songs, made me very glad I thought to bring a Banjo so I could be part of it all.

--tom

wiley

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:07 am

My hat is off to everyone, every camper, every instructor. Mr. Bruno - I can't say how much I appreciate your efforts, not just for my experience, for the added input and experience you have brought to IGC and the TG family.

I began with three 'goals' for this years camp, I have several for next years.

1st - Go Slllooooooowwwwww - not entirely accomplished, but close.

2nd - get all the way through one open mic - with all the lyrics in there or at least, never stopping. As a Poker player, I'll take 3 of 4 anytime and come out a winner.

3rd - Fire Away - I knew the high note(s) were close to being too much, especially hitting them 3 or more times. Only with Jim's help, and insistence could I pull it off. Happy? That's an understatement.

Corina - it took 5 years, thanks for getting up there with me. Sure, I lost it at Dave's solo, you just kept that gorgeous smile of yours on and we made it through. I mean what would camp be without me loosing it at least once?

The Hogan family, once again, thank you so much for welcoming into your home, and into your kitchen.

All the other campers - the game is on a different level, my thanks and love to each and everyone of you. Thanks for all the hugs, the listening to my rants and the friendship that pours out of this experience.

*Seems some expect a 'humorous' song, or two each year from me - my apologies to those not in the 'Perfomance Workshop' with Dave - next year for sure!

TGNesh

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Tom, you bringing a banjo really topped things off musically this year, I thought you did just fantastic! And for me personally, Wagon Wheel was definitely one of the major fun highlights (along with Jailhouse Rock). I can actually tell from the pictures. I pretty much smiled all the way through. :laugh:

You know what to do next year, BRING IT AGAIN!! :woohoo: ;)

Ness

7645slug wrote:
Just listened to the video, and wanted to say that the instrument Roy "Future Man" Wooten played for Bela Fleck and the Flecktones was called a Synth-axe Drumitar (I was an early fan). I really enjoyed being part of the "Wagon Wheel" quintet. Jim's energy on bass, just behind me was amazing, Dave's seeming ability to play whatever instrument thrown at him just boggles my mind, Vanessa's wonderful percussion and Jeff's ability to remember, and sing in time, the lyrics to so many songs, made me very glad I thought to bring a Banjo so I could be part of it all.

--tom

TGNesh

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:59 pm

My hat is definitely off to you too Wiley!!

I think your goals for this year were really good ones and I thought you did an amazing job, both vocally as performing wise. I loved those loooong high notes!!!

And of course, I wanna thank you again for all your hard work for the bbq. The best meat, and potato salad, i have ever tasted!! :cheer:

I'll be looking forward to whatever you come up next year. :) (several new goals??)

Many thanks for your kind post in here Wiley. :kiss:

Big hug to you,

Ness

wiley wrote:
My hat is off to everyone, every camper, every instructor. Mr. Bruno - I can't say how much I appreciate your efforts, not just for my experience, for the added input and experience you have brought to IGC and the TG family.

I began with three 'goals' for this years camp, I have several for next years.

1st - Go Slllooooooowwwwww - not entirely accomplished, but close.

2nd - get all the way through one open mic - with all the lyrics in there or at least, never stopping. As a Poker player, I'll take 3 of 4 anytime and come out a winner.

3rd - Fire Away - I knew the high note(s) were close to being too much, especially hitting them 3 or more times. Only with Jim's help, and insistence could I pull it off. Happy? That's an understatement.

Corina - it took 5 years, thanks for getting up there with me. Sure, I lost it at Dave's solo, you just kept that gorgeous smile of yours on and we made it through. I mean what would camp be without me loosing it at least once?

The Hogan family, once again, thank you so much for welcoming into your home, and into your kitchen.

All the other campers - the game is on a different level, my thanks and love to each and everyone of you. Thanks for all the hugs, the listening to my rants and the friendship that pours out of this experience.

*Seems some expect a 'humorous' song, or two each year from me - my apologies to those not in the 'Perfomance Workshop' with Dave - next year for sure!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic