IGC 2018 Details

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
spinland

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:04 pm

So, looks like I can go to IGC after all, if you'll still have me. :side:

Still not 100% guaranteed, but I'm currently exploring my air travel, rental cars, and a room near TG Central for the night of the 21st.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Thats so cool Mark} Look forward to seeing you again!
Chris

TGNeil

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:11 pm

spinland wrote:

Still not 100% guaranteed, but I'm currently exploring my air travel, rental cars, and a room near TG Central for the night of the 21st.
Mark,

I polled the population and they are pretty divided but I think there is a campsite available on the beach and it is yours!

See you in a couple weeks,

Neil

spinland

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:52 pm

TGNeil wrote:
spinland wrote:

Mark,

I polled the population and they are pretty divided but I think there is a campsite available on the beach and it is yours!

See you in a couple weeks,

Neil
Nice! I'll bring my tent. :silly:

Air travel is booked; flying into SJC the afternoon of the 17th, have a room at the Bristol the night of the 21st, flying back from SJC the morning of the 22nd. I'll work out rental car and/or shuttle stuff in a little while, time to go grill dinner before the next t-storm comes through.

spinland

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:24 am

Is Max still scheduled to be there? Didn't see him at the top of the web page but his bio's at the bottom. I recall hearing (seeing?) mention of him earlier but now seem to have lost track of that. :side:

Gonna be an electric again this year, but I promise I'll be well-prepared and there won't be any last-minute scrambling for a power cord (to run a pedal I didn't even have set up properly so you couldn't tell I was using it). Heh. :silly:

TGNeil

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 am

spinland wrote:
Is Max still scheduled to be there? Didn't see him at the top of the web page but his bio's at the bottom. I recall hearing (seeing?) mention of him earlier but now seem to have lost track of that. :side:

Gonna be an electric again this year, but I promise I'll be well-prepared and there won't be any last-minute scrambling for a power cord (to run a pedal I didn't even have set up properly so you couldn't tell I was using it). Heh. :silly:
Confirmed just recently, Max will be there Sunday afternoon till the bitter end, with some cool stuff.

Neil

spinland

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:04 am

TGNeil wrote:
spinland wrote:

Confirmed just recently, Max will be there Sunday afternoon till the bitter end, with some cool stuff.

Neil
Cool! Be fun to meet him, practice some rusty German, and ogle his toys. :side:

dottmcse85630

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 am

I am contemplating about bringing my 12 string to camp. Since I am driving it is not much of a big deal to bring it.
I am open to sharing use of it at camp if anyone has the need or desire.
Let me know if there is interest and I'll plan on bringing it.

Dennis

TGNeil

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:32 pm

dottmcse85630 wrote:
I am contemplating about bringing my 12 string to camp. Since I am driving it is not much of a big deal to bring it.
I am open to sharing use of it at camp if anyone has the need or desire.
Let me know if there is interest and I'll plan on bringing it.

Dennis
Great plan Dennis!

Neil

spinland

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:39 pm

One more day, then off I go to catch an aerioplane!

The more I think about it, the more I believe I'll be leaving my beloved Corbie home. I can only realistically bring one geetar, and the logistics of bopping around the premises, doing ad hoc playing and practicing stints, going to workshops and such...who wants to lug around an amp for all that, even a small portable one? It just seems so much more sensible for my one axe to be able to function unplugged; ergo, I expect I'll be bringing Rose to the party. :side:

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic