IGC 2017 - Neil & Corina at the Hogan House Concert

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
TGNeil

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi Gang,

Something I really enjoy every year around IGC is playing songs with Corina. It is a very different thing to accompany a singer rather than doing the complete band thing I try to do most of the time. The day after we wrapped up camp a spontaneous House Concert evolved at TG Central and in front of a small, intimate group of friends, a few of us tackled some songs in front of the camera. Corina and I started the festivities, which included a few songs we had played over the years, and even tried one of my favorites for the first time. So warts and all, minus a few conversations that should never leave the room, here are the songs we ran through that night.

I hope you enjoy them,

Neil

auntlynnie

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am

Oh my, what a treat!!
Thank you for sharing this very special event with us all!
Lynn

thereshopeyet

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:09 pm

You all are brilliant.
Coriana, well aren't we lucky you took your first steps for mankind into the singing world, when you were a teenager.
Superstars for sure.

auntlynnie

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:55 pm

So nice to be part of the virtual audience at this house concert.
Every song was so beautiful!
Thanks,
Lynn

OOps... looks like I double posted, but it was a doubly nice set of songs!

familyman4

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Neil,

I can certainly see why you enjoy the opportunity to play with Corina & Vanessa after the hustle and bustle of IGC is finished.

Sounds fantastic!
Bart

michelew

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:34 am

And speaking of songbirds...

Awesome - what a duo!

wrsomers

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Corina,
I've always loved your singing but I must say that you've taken your talent to a new level. Your voice is so pure and sweet and emotive! I love listening to you sing all of these great songs. Your covers of The Carpenters/Karen Carpenter are extra special. She has always been one of my favorites, not just because she and Richard grew up just miles from where I live. Her voice is timeless and so is your's; you've become one of my favorite singers. Thank you for such artistry and beauty!!

Bill

Craig

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Thank you for sharing these with the rest of us. They are wonderful!

Craig

crieniecat

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Sorry to respond this late.... :unsure:

I really want to thank each of you whom responded in such a loving and generous way... It really warmed my heart :kiss: :kiss:

Singing for me is like giving voice to the soul and nourishment to the heart :blush:
I'm still so incredibly grateful for Vanessa ones introducing me to this wonderful site, and still so grateful for everyone involved in making the concept work.

Neil, Ness, Matt, Max... you create this magic for so many people out there, chapeau!!

Now with a camp to be held in The Netherlands, woohoo! I'm there for sure :woohoo: And hope to see many of you out there :)

Big hugs.
Be well,
Corina.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic