Exploring shipping a guitar to IGC2018

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
spinland

Sun May 20, 2018 7:28 am

I believe I can easily ship a guitar to the event (well, I need to check with the venue about receiving it, the part on my end is the easy bit) and I’m in the process of contacting guitar shops in the Pacific Grove area to locate someone willing to ship it back for me. If I’m successful in this exploration I’ll share what I learn.

This would enable me to bring both an electric and an acoustic and not subject either of them to the brutality of the airline handlers.

wiley

Sun May 20, 2018 10:33 am

Have you looked into Instrument Insurance?

spinland

Sun May 20, 2018 4:27 pm

wiley wrote:
I consider that a must-have; my intent is to avoid having one of my babies damaged in the first place, though. :S

This effort has become "Overcome By Events," alas, as of today things have transpired that will mean I can't make IGC this year. :(

carolm242

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:34 pm

spinland wrote:
wiley wrote:
I consider that a must-have; my intent is to avoid having one of my babies damaged in the first place, though. :S

This effort has become "Overcome By Events," alas, as of today things have transpired that will mean I can't make IGC this year. :(
Awwww Bummer that you cant make it to camp this year!!
I was going to suggest that you look into renting a guitar ( or 2)
While you are in town for camp. Many guitar stores do short term rentals for reasonable prices, and then you don’t have to worry about damage or loss to your “babies”. By the time you pay for shipping and insurance, it’s a no brainer- I’ve done the travel guitar thing, and the bullet proof checked case thing, and my hands down preference is the “worry free” rental thing.
We’ll miss you at camp this year :( Maybe your situation will change- hope to see you soon!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic