Rides and other concerns

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
wiley

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks to all for the replies,

Funny how things change for us, the wife and I, when trying to plan a trip. As for now, we have rooms at the Monterey Bay Inn the Wednesday and Thursday before. Flying in on American to SJC and she will be departing, at the last planning stage, out of MYR (Monterey CA.) for SYD (Sydney AUS.) midday on Saturday. So, the rental will stay with me and I'll drive back to SJC on either the 21st or 22nd, depending upon several other factors. Last part - finding a rental at a decent price! Yea, right!

spinland

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:41 am

wiley wrote:
Thanks to all for the replies,

Funny how things change for us, the wife and I, when trying to plan a trip. As for now, we have rooms at the Monterey Bay Inn the Wednesday and Thursday before. Flying in on American to SJC and she will be departing, at the last planning stage, out of MYR (Monterey CA.) for SYD (Sydney AUS.) midday on Saturday. So, the rental will stay with me and I'll drive back to SJC on either the 21st or 22nd, depending upon several other factors. Last part - finding a rental at a decent price! Yea, right!
Sounds like a plan, sir!

So looking forward to this. I can't find words for how bummed I was when I believed I'd not be able to go. :side:

Mark

walkabout

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:47 pm

I will be driving to the camp and will be passing by both SF and SJ so I could possible pick one or two people up if there is a need. Also on leaving after the camp and I could drop some off at a airport. My schedule is very flexible at this time. I have not seen the schedule for check in but will plan arival at Asilomar around check in time.. This is my first so camp, so what is this about going to "TG central"? I am not aware of the why or where of that. Can someone fill me in? If anyone is interested in coordinating arise , let me know.

Don

wiley

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:13 am

Check in for camp begins around 4pm. You need stop by the Asilomar check in desk to get your room key and meal tickets and directions down the hill to the area we will be holding the event in.

Once you arrive there, at the event area, I’m sure you will find Nani Hogan among others, including myself, to welcome and assist you from that point on.

We have been doing a pre-event BBQ over the last few years and since the dates this year do not favor that, Neil has suggested a ‘luncheon’ type thing on Tuesday, the same day the camp shuts down, at “TG Central” aka, the Hogan family home. I should add the luncheon is not mandatory, just a ‘see you next year’ type of thing. I’m sure Neil will fill everyone in at camp.

Looking forward to meeting you!

spinland

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:17 am

Hi, Don!

I see Wiley has you squared away; he's good folks. :side:

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well! Last year was my first IGC and I very nearly missed this one, but good karma won out and I'll be there.

See you soon!

Mark

walkabout

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:08 am

Thanks guys, your reply's and Neil's email today has answered my questions. See you all in a few weeks.

Don

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic