Looking For IGC Video Help

This is the place for the details on our camps. The fifth annual one will run August 21 - 25, 2017 at the Asilomar Conference Center on the Monterey Peninsula.
TGNeil

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi Gang,

You probably know that we shoot a ton of video at our IGCs. As we finally get around to updating and upgrading our ancient site we could use some help documenting what we have. I am looking for a few volunteers to watch our old workshops, take some notes, and write a description of what happened. These include workshops by Muriel Anderson, Alex de Grassi, and Al Stewart, as well as a bunch by our regular staff, Dave Nach, Doug Young, and the rest. If you are interested or available reply here and I will give you more information and access to a few of the classes. Most of them are about 60-90 minutes long.

You could also PM or email me.

Thanks,

Neil

spinland

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:25 am

Hi, Neil!

As you know I'm rather time busted of late but I'd be game to try one of these and see how things go?

Mark

TGNeil

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:14 am

spinland wrote:
Hi, Neil!

As you know I'm rather time busted of late but I'd be game to try one of these and see how things go?

Mark
Thanks Mark,

You already have complete access to all the IGC videos as an Alumni so take a look at any one you like and let me know what you find.

Neil

spinland

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:47 pm

TGNeil wrote:
spinland wrote:
Hi, Neil!

Mark
Thanks Mark,

You already have complete access to all the IGC videos as an Alumni so take a look at any one you like and let me know what you find.

Neil

mweston

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:26 pm

I've been planning to go back and watch those videos of IGC workshops for a while now, and I'd be glad to take some notes while I'm watching. What kind of detail are you looking for? Songs played? Topics discussed? And do you have a timetable in mind? It may be a few weeks before I have a chance to start watching them and no idea how long it will take.

Also, has anyone done something like this for the On the Beat collection? A daunting task I know. Sometimes I make a note if I see something I may want to reference later, but most of my notes seem to disappear from my hard drive. I know there are often handy tips given that I can't remember later, and snippets of songs I would like to listen to again.

-Marc

TGNeil

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:01 pm

mweston wrote:
I've been planning to go back and watch those videos of IGC workshops for a while now, and I'd be glad to take some notes while I'm watching. What kind of detail are you looking for? Songs played? Topics discussed? And do you have a timetable in mind? It may be a few weeks before I have a chance to start watching them and no idea how long it will take.

Also, has anyone done something like this for the On the Beat collection? A daunting task I know. Sometimes I make a note if I see something I may want to reference later, but most of my notes seem to disappear from my hard drive. I know there are often handy tips given that I can't remember later, and snippets of songs I would like to listen to again.

-Marc
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply and yes to most of your questions. No real rush but getting them to me as they happen would be great.
We have been trying to figure out how to index all the Weekly Updates, and I am not sure there is an easy way to this. I think we can get the dialogue transcribed automatically but what was played is a different story. We are open to suggestions, obviously.

Neil

vzg14

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:59 am

Count me in if you're still lookng for volunteers Neil. Always willing to help however way I can.

-Victor

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic