My Life in Cars a pictorial History in Reverse

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:18 pm

we definitely need to know more about how you acquired so many of them.
Serial car thief?

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:47 pm

All the time I am NOT playing the guitar im working..

But..If it was
that trust me the list would be much much longer, starting with a Mclaren F1, finishing with Steve Mcqueens original 911 he drove in the opening scene of Lemans, and in the middle the Muira from the opening scene of the Italian Job..

neverfoundthetime wrote:
we definitely need to know more about how you acquired so many of them.
Serial car thief?

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:52 pm

The res of these pics are not the originals but they are very close to what I had ..

Kicking off with the first Porsche I bought in OZ.an 02 911 Carera , I was a touch disapointed with this car, the first of Porsches water cooled cars, it was fast and comfortable, but the interior was in Savannah beige and if you scratched it , a deep black plastic colour came through ...it was just cheap inside.. these things cost more than a house in OZ, in fact take any car and double the cost and you will get close to what cars cost in OZ..

[imgsize=242]http://www.totallyguitars.com/images/fb ... he996.jpeg[/img]

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Here was the last of my BMW's ..an SMG M3, and frankly not as smooth as the 325 individual Ill post in a sec..but fun, and quick.. Image

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:56 pm

Now this car, was a much better drive allround ..and so pretty in Silverstone blue..it was I think the only one in the country..and an Individual (BMW built it to order) Image

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:13 pm

My Girl tells me this car was the most confortable and one of the best car we have had..
I never buy cars normally around the passenger seat perspective..but this was a great car. Image

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:17 pm

THis car...Our first modern Beemer, had a funny story for me at least..I bought a can of two stroke for the lawn mower, and as I was driving home it tipped over, and the whole can leaked in the boot, this stuff melted wires, and exactly like teh seinfeld episode with his car a smell so bad , no matter what we did just would not go away, so we traded it...

Never never carry fuel in a car you want to keep.. Image

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:19 pm

This car I bought new in OZ, they never sold them here in teh US, it was a cross between a SUbaru WRX and a forester wagon, it went like a cut cat,. and was just so well built..my girl actually rates this as the best car we ever had..now if only they imported the STI version here in the states.. Image

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:24 pm

I almost forgot this one.."cricket"...and the reason was we had it for 3 weeks, I was in Sydney and I had just one a contract for consulting to a major financial company and I needed a car, I went and bought this Toyota (bear in mind the cost of cars in oz- a small car costs the same as a large sedan here), this car drove me nuts..it had a squeek in the dash..no one could fix it, and the only way I could cope being a car freak was to get rid of it..so I sold it for a decent loss just to walk away..and somewhere cricket lives for someone else..not a reflection of Toyota quality Image

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:26 pm

The first car I bought off the showroom floor new.. and all with my own money, at the time this car was the only crossover along wioth the Rav4 in the market, now look at em.. Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic