Welcome To Recommend A Lesson

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
dcradueg71672

Wed May 12, 2021 5:58 pm

Hi TG Team,

I would love to have a lesson on Dan Fogelberg's "Go Down Easy." Great fingerpicking song and a really cool guitar solo introduction.

6Stringpicker

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:02 pm

Hi Neil, I would love to learn Amazed played fingerstyle as performed by Richard Armstrong in the attached YouTube video. This song was originally produced by Lonestar., and this shows what a single guitarist can do to convert a band played song in to a beautiful instrumental piece of music. Please consider this request, as this may serve as a foundation for students to try to learn how to do this with other songs as well.

poeogau78186

Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:44 pm

Hello All

Neil mentioned this last year I think as a possible - Early Morning Rain by Peter, Paul & Mary

David_M

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:35 pm

As an absolute beginner (or close to it), I’m always looking for songs that are relatively easy to play.

Don’t get me wrong, I have difficult stuff (or difficult for me) that I’m constantly working on, but easy is always good, as it increases my available “I can play this song” library – makes me feel better about myself, and in general adds to the FUN FACTOR (which with Guitar is all I really care about).

I stumbled across this song “Man of Constant Sorrow” which sounds great, seems to be in a “Dropped D” tuning, involves what appears to be three relatively easy (I think I can reach those) chords, and has a couple of seemingly simple riffs – so of course I immediately thought “Hey this might be a good song to learn”.

Wow – That’s a lot of unnecessary background information for a simple request, but here it goes . . .

I would like to request a lesson on “Man of Constant Sorrow”.

loara

Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:23 pm

I hope this is the place to leave my recommendation. I enjoyed and had a reasonable amount of success with your lesson on Eric Clapton's, "Signe." I would like work on learning Doyle Dykes, "The Lord's Prayer." Thanks for your consideration. Bill Schroeder

TGNeil

Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:08 pm

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. I added a video of Doyle playing it to your post, and I hope people get in the habit of doing that for requests. How is your tremolo? It is a big part of Doyle's arrangement. I will take it under consideration but he may have tab available already.

Neil

Craig

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:38 pm

Hi Neil,

On one of your weekly update video posts you teased us with the possibility of an instrumental chord solo version of Linda Ronstadt's Long, Long Time. Is that still a possibility of being in the works? I would definitely jump on that one.

Thanks,

Craig

TGNeil

Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:31 pm

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the reminder. This lesson got started and then I made the mistake of listening carefully to Linda singing it again. That sent me down the rabbit hole of wrestling with trying to emulate all her subtle melodic embellishments. By the time I got over that, I had started a few other lessons. I will move it back up the list.

Neil

N361128

Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:55 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO A LESSON ON SYLVIA BY FOCUS. YOUR VERSION OF THIS ON YOUTUBE IS BEYOND FANTASTIC

TGNeil

Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:25 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the kind words. I will definitely think about doing a lesson on Sylvia, now that I know somebody is interested. Gotta finish White Bird first...

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic