Recommend a lesson: Marvin Gaye, I heard it through the grapevine with a forum suggestion

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
TGNeil

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:05 am

Hi Gang,

The video of Michael Chapdelaine shows perfectly my dilemma with this song. Every time I start messing with it, it heads off in a similar direction, which I have to admit is very fun. Michael is a world-class musician and did a fantastic job with it but my goal with most songs/lessons is to make them accessible to guitar students, and not just advanced ones. I will keep rolling it around and we might get started with a reasonable accompaniment version rather than a full fledged chord solo. Or, I might come up with a way to make it a Community Project...

Neil

P.S. The lesson that is coming out today might be a good test or example of throwing some Level 11 fills into a Level 4-5 song. I will need some feedback on whether I over or under estimated the difficulty.

6Stringpicker

Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:10 pm

Wow, I love that Michael Chapdelaine solo guitar version of Heard It Through The Grapevine. That is for whoever posted that video. If not ever in lesson form, I will work forever to try to copy his version as best I can. Absolutely Awesome! -6Stringpicker

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic