Puff the Magic Dragon

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
eedelson

Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Neil posted a "Part 1" lesson on "Puff" and alluded to following up with a full lesson with additional variations. Would love to see this full lesson when he can get to it.

jayswett

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:31 pm

This song holds a special place in my mind as it was the first song I ever learned.

vzg14

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:59 am

Puff is how I learned the Travis Picking fingerstyle pattern.

heithoff

Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:10 pm

My 30 year old daughter (excuse me...my adult daughter who is of legal voting and drinking age)...(no where near 30)...(her father will be introduced as her Grandfather from here on out)... told me this is one of the two earliest songs she remembers me playing to her!!! It would be nice to know if I'm missing something that Neil could fill in! It's very nice to know that a childhood memory of mine also became one for my daughter because of playing guitar!

tgjameela

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Thanks for the Recommendation eedelson, we just released the full lesson, check it out here and keep the song requests coming!

eedelson wrote:
Neil posted a "Part 1" lesson on "Puff" and alluded to following up with a full lesson with additional variations. Would love to see this full lesson when he can get to it.

auntlynnie

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Y'know I never would have requested this lesson, yet as soon as Neil began playing it on the weekly wrap-up (Aug 24, 2015), I started working on it. So I'm happy to see this lesson and will probably add it to my repitoire.
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic