Hall and Oats, Please

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
sandpiper

Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:45 pm

I'm going to see them in concert in Honolulu in October. Aren't they the most successful pop duo in history?
I would love to learn some of their songs an there are SOO many hits

sbutler

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:09 pm

sandpiper wrote:
I'm going to see them in concert in Honolulu in October. Aren't they the most successful pop duo in history?
I would love to learn some of their songs an there are SOO many hits
Oh yeah, I would vote with you on this one. Hopefully you've checked out the "Live at Daryles house" internet site. Just amazing.

TGNeil

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:11 am

Hits, yes, interesting guitar parts, please point me to some. Some of Daryle's House series are interesting but I'm not sure which songs have inspired folks to take up the guitar. Looking forward to a new appreciation of some very talented musicians.

Neil

sbutler

Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:47 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Hits, yes, interesting guitar parts, please point me to some. Some of Daryle's House series are interesting but I'm not sure which songs have inspired folks to take up the guitar. Looking forward to a new appreciation of some very talented musicians.

Neil
I don't know about inspiration to start new players, but I always thought that " Sarah Smile" and "She's Gone" would make awesome chord solo's.

TGNeil

Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:49 pm

sbutler wrote:
TGNeil wrote:
Hits, yes, interesting guitar parts, please point me to some. Some of Daryl's House series are interesting but I'm not sure which songs have inspired folks to take up the guitar. Looking forward to a new appreciation of some very talented musicians.

Neil
I don't know about inspiration to start new players, but I always thought that " Sarah Smile" and "She's Gone" would make awesome chord solo's.
So I have to confess that the only tunes I can even spot from them are "Your Kiss", "I Can't Go For That", and "Maneater", which don't seem to be good candidates for instrumentals to me, but having seen a few minutes of Daryl's House I can see I need to do more research.

Unfortunately, my list of potential great chord solos has probably passed the 1000 tune limit (maybe about 25 years ago), not sure I see that happening in the foreseeable future. There are still 200 Beatles songs on the list, for example. It surprised me to see that God Only Knows jumped our of the the mix a few months ago.

Neil

sbutler

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:07 am

TGNeil wrote:
sbutler wrote:
TGNeil wrote:
Hits, yes, interesting guitar parts, please point me to some. Some of Daryl's House series are interesting but I'm not sure which songs have inspired folks to take up the guitar. Looking forward to a new appreciation of some very talented musicians.

Neil
So I have to confess that the only tunes I can even spot from them are "Your Kiss", "I Can't Go For That", and "Maneater", which don't seem to be good candidates for instrumentals to me, but having seen a few minutes of Daryl's House I can see I need to do more research.

Unfortunately, my list of potential great chord solos has probably passed the 1000 tune limit (maybe about 25 years ago), not sure I see that happening in the foreseeable future. There are still 200 Beatles songs on the list, for example. It surprised me to see that God Only Knows jumped our of the the mix a few months ago.

Neil
Too many songs, not enough time.

sbutler

Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Since we were on the Hall and Oats subject, I just now found this, and I think this is really cool.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic