(The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
1957burst

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:39 pm

I would love to see this song added.

stratman3

Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:10 am

WOW!
That brings back some old memories, This song (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance, was the first song (45 single) I bought growing up, I was probably 9 or 10 years old.
This would be an interesting topic of discussion....What was the very first, (if you can remember), recording , album, record, 8 track, cassette or CD did you buy? I am sure it was the start of our/your musical journey.

Regarding "Gene Pitney" songs, like the one mentioned in this post. YES, I would love to see some of these songs as lessons. Don't know if they would transcribe very well, but Gene Pitney, in my opinion, may of had one of the greatest voices of the 20th century.

tombo1230

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:32 pm

1957burst wrote:
Hi,
there is a way of requesting a song for a lesson if you really want it. If you look upwards there is a recommend a lesson button, follow that and make your recommendation there.
Neil looks in there from time to time and who knows, he may get to it if you get enough votes. :)

Good luck!

Tom N.

TGNeil

Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:41 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
1957burst wrote:
Hi,
there is a way of requesting a song for a lesson if you really want it. If you look upwards there is a recommend a lesson button, follow that and make your recommendation there.
Neil looks in there from time to time and who knows, he may get to it if you get enough votes. :)

Good luck!

Tom N.
Hey Tom,

This is a great place for requests nowadays, as the old one is not working the way we would like. I am watching the movie right now and thinking about this for a short lesson, thanks to the request. Of course in the movie we never hear the whole song and my first thought was to make this a Listening Challenge. Now that I listened all the way through the song, it is a bit more complicated than I wanted for the next challenge. In any case, here it is for those who are not familiar with it.

Neil

tombo1230

Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:50 pm

TGNeil wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
1957burst wrote:
Hi,

Good luck!

Tom N.
Hey Tom,

This is a great place for requests nowadays, as the old one is not working the way we would like. I am watching the movie right now and thinking about this for a short lesson, thanks to the request. Of course in the movie we never hear the whole song and my first thought was to make this a Listening Challenge. Now that I listened all the way through the song, it is a bit more complicated than I wanted for the next challenge. In any case, here it is for those who are not familiar with it.

Neil

You learn something new every day!

Thanks Neil. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic