Father and daughter - Paul Simon

If you know of a song that you think would make a good lesson, here is the place to bring it up. As of May, 2015 we have over 800 song lessons but are always on the lookout for more. Be sure to point out what about the song makes it a good candidate, unique or unusual, a particular part that interests you, or just that you think a bunch of members would enjoy it. An embedded video would be helpful as well.
wabo

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:53 pm

Hey TG,

just recently became a father of a beautiful little girl and came across this song from Paul Simon : Father and daughter.

Been trying to piece it together from tabs and videos but there very limited material on that song out there.

Im sure Paul is right up Neil's alley. Would love to see his take on it, or from anyone who would love to pick up the challenge.

I think it would make a wonderfull addition to the site as it is quite a song !!

Thx for your consideration.

Yann

wabo

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:08 pm

Just went and put it in the recommend a lesson.

Cmon people, vote this one up the wazouuuuu

I'm sure there a lot of father of beautiful girls out here !!

auntlynnie

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:36 am

Hi Yann,

It is a really nice song! It has a nice hook with that little run it begins and ends with. There was a time when I would have recognized every Paul Simon song ever, but I've sort of lost track of him. Such a prolific songwriter. Perhaps Neil will find enough there in the song to make a lesson for it.

And congratulations on becoming a father. During those early years of parenting, the only guitar practice I got was by playing in my son's room while he fell asleep (he was afraid of the dark). Time flies - he's 23 now.

Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic